GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having owned many exotic super cars I simply have no idea why some people say the GTR has a crapp interior,I think it's a really nice place to be ? :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
It's OK I've seen worse e.g. 30-40k evo's

I think it's improved with the later variants compared to the 50-60k early cars.

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Having owned many exotic super cars I simply have no idea why some people say the GTR has a crapp interior,I think it's a really nice place to be ? :thumbsup:

Same here,, find it a quite nice place to be in,

Each to their own

Goldie

·
Registered
626 Posts
own a MY09 (59 plate) black edition....

anyone who thinks its below standard have never travelled in a KIA Rio.....

·
Registered
540 Posts
Depends what you're used to. Honestly after sitting in a new RS6 for example, the GTR does feel very low rent. It's a combination of incessant rattles, lack of soundproofing and lower quality materials. The actual cabin design is fine, but you can't tell me that carpet on doors is acceptable to you! I haven't seen that on any car since the eighties! Also the attempt at sprucing up the dash, a-pillar and door trims is a little bit half arsed, as it's done in leather look vinyl, not real leather, same as the fake leather rear seats.

To be more upmarket inside, the GTR should have:

- Real leather dash, a-pillars, door linings and back seats
- Headling, and all scratching black plastic pieces (mostly rear) in alcantara
- Real carbon instead of mock aluminium centre console and door trims (looks very Hyundai cheapo)

All IMHO of course.

Mart.

·
Registered
208 Posts
I had a A45 AMG Merc I know it's the cheapest AMG product but with the name Mercedes and AMG behind it you would expect a high class interior Wind noise excessive at anything above 50mph due to bad window seals (common fault) but the one thing I couldn't believe is it's like they forgot about the Sat/Nav and then decided to just stick it on the centre of the Dash (looks worst than a Tom Tom stuck on the Window)
Redirect Notice

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Thats why I bough the Black Edition in Red fine place to be !! Still love it after 6 years !

·
Premium Member
5,870 Posts
Thats why I bough the Black Edition in Red fine place to be !! Still love it after 6 years !
Same here, I like the interior, does me just fine. :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Depends what you're used to. Honestly after sitting in a new RS6 for example, the GTR does feel very low rent. It's a combination of incessant rattles, lack of soundproofing and lower quality materials. The actual cabin design is fine, but you can't tell me that carpet on doors is acceptable to you! I haven't seen that on any car since the eighties! Also the attempt at sprucing up the dash, a-pillar and door trims is a little bit half arsed, as it's done in leather look vinyl, not real leather, same as the fake leather rear seats.

To be more upmarket inside, the GTR should have:

- Real leather dash, a-pillars, door linings and back seats
- Headling, and all scratching black plastic pieces (mostly rear) in alcantara
- Real carbon instead of mock aluminium centre console and door trims (looks very Hyundai cheapo)

All IMHO of course.

Mart.
That is why I like it with it's 1980/1990's retro interior and it's supercar performance - almost negative snobery:cool:

·
Registered
519 Posts
Something has to give. It has the performance of cars twice its price. To expect it to have the interior of cars twice its price as well is probably expecting a bit too much. That's fine, I'll stick with the performance.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
+1 (and 1000,000,000,000)

That'll teach VW drivers !!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
I love the interior on my MY09, my m3 had better leather but thats it.

Maybe if your paying 80k for new one might start picking at bits and peices, but for me anyway am very happy

·
Premium Member
783 Posts
I don't have issue with any of the materials, just he bloody rattles that have started to appear. One behind the centre console and one rear passenger side, irritating as hell.

·
Premium Member
2,080 Posts
Got a couple of rattles, which you dont notice with the radio on.

Dont find the seats the most supportive either.

Other than that i love it

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Got a couple of rattles, which you dont notice with the radio on.

Dont find the seats the most supportive either.

Other than that i love it
Radio ???

Whined the windows down, pop it into 2nd and floor it.................. Now That's What You Call MUSIC! !!! :bowdown1:

·
Registered
537 Posts
The rattles do my head in. It does feel low rent too. But hey it's a Japanese car, what did you expect? I do t feel any significant difference between my11 and my10 for quality. In fact I prefer the silver to the dark grey trim and the paddles wore better on the older car.

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Rattles? The interior on mine doesn't rattle at all. Feels really solid inside.
Now, the brakes, the bell housing and the oily bits? They rattle, but that's all part of the cutting edge design. One day, all cars will rattle this way. Oh, wait. No they won't. They'll be silent electric, with a sound track so kids can hear it coming and get out of the street.

Then I'll remenis about when I used to have a car that made some real mechanical noise.

Ain't got time to listen. Seeing too much blurr! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Rattles? The interior on mine doesn't rattle at all. Feels really solid inside.
Now, the brakes, the bell housing and the oily bits? They rattle, but that's all part of the cutting edge design. One day, all cars will rattle this way. Oh, wait. No they won't. They'll be silent electric, with a sound track so kids can hear it coming and get out of the street.

Then I'll remenis about when I used to have a car that made some real mechanical noise.

Ain't got time to listen. Seeing too much blurr! :thumbsup:
the McClaren P1 rattles quite nicely for an electric car ;)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts