GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,383 Posts
What a fantastic weekend! A superb event put together by John Fuggles and the rest of the committee. I would like to publicly thank John and the rest of the team for all the hard work and effort that went into this, an amazing venue with excellent organization from start to finish. I'm hoping the Euro 2014 trip is just as good.
Here's a few pictures from the Saturday prior to the formal part of the proceedings and a link to some more pictures posted on the MLR website.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Would definitely echo the comments about the weekend and the efforts of John F for organising things. Here is a link to our photos - haven't really sorted through them so there is some rubbish in there, and I wasn't really in the best position when the awards were given out, but there are some passable ones in there too I hope :)

Thanks again to everyone involved and here's to a another great year of the GTROC.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Only just catching up after the weekend.

I think this was one of the best AGM/ Awards evening I have had the privilege to attend and can only echo some of the other comments.

The amount of organisation that went into this event was enormous and for an outgoing Chairman to have done so much to make it a success is commendable. Also the other people in the 'Management' team who were organising things behind the scenes just shows what a fabulous club we are all part of.

All I can say is TRULY MEMORABLE and the pictures that Barry and Adam have posted up reflect the atmosphere really well.

·
Premium Member
3,000 Posts
Just noticed I have been 'Smirthed' in Adam's pictures.

Suppose it is better than Domestos:runaway:

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Barry, still cannot believe we had 2 RED (the best and fatsest colour) GTR's and 2 Blue ones and they managed to park together !! LOL

Smurf man was on his own, must have been the smell of bleech LOL

Yup was a good weekend, shame Shauns car was not in the RAC Pall Mall when we got there, but hey a 1909 Rolls Royce, restoration price of £8 million was OK !!!

Need to post up my pics too as I have some pics of the awards, now who looks p*ssed ??

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Awesome weekend - just catching up. Really enjoyed it - good to see all faces old and new and here's to another great year!

·
Premium Member
966 Posts
Yet another event to remember and reminisce over a hot toddy during the cold winter months.

a Big warm thank you to everyone I met, old and new. You truly made it an absolute amazing weekend. The surrounding at both RAC locations left me speechless really, such architecture and history they shared and there we were, with our cars, holding a meeting.. The Club really tops itself every year. This will be a hard one to surpass but.. I am sure you guys will think of something to amaze us all.

·
Premium Member
2,732 Posts
We loved every moment. The GTROC friendship, the positive AGM, fun at Dinner and a really smooth chillout at Pall Mall on Sunday.

Much of the organisation was due to John and we thank him again.

The Award winners deserve their trophies so much - many members may not appreciate the hard work and dedication of such people.

It was sad to see John step down as Chairman but Rog is a great replacement and may be assured of full support.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

On a humbler note, I would like to thank Sean, Ville and Elliot for getting my space saver tyre fitted - that went bang on the Caterham Bypass and I drove the last few miles on a combination of rubber and steel.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
We loved every moment. The GTROC friendship, the positive AGM, fun at Dinner and a really smooth chillout at Pall Mall on Sunday.

Much of the organisation was due to John and we thank him again.

The Award winners deserve their trophies so much - many members may not appreciate the hard work and dedication of such people.

It was sad to see John step down as Chairman but Rog is a great replacement and may be assured of full support.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

On a humbler note, I would like to thank Sean, Ville and Elliot for getting my space saver tyre fitted - that went bang on the Caterham Bypass and I drove the last few miles on a combination of rubber and steel.

Can't wait to see everyone again.

Hi Jack

Just scrap the car and buy A Nother, you know you want to !!!

Ross, did you see the group of snappers as we left the RAC in Pall Mall, they get their fair share of Old and New GTR's together, even with a bloody Ferrari on the other side of the road they came to our side to get pic's of the 2 GTR's together !!! Fantastic, the cars say it all.

·
Premium Member
82 Posts
What a fantastic weekend! A superb event put together by John Fuggles and the rest of the committee. I would like to publicly thank John and the rest of the team for all the hard work and effort that went into this, an amazing venue with excellent organization from start to finish. I'm hoping the Euro 2014 trip is just as good.
Well said, we'd like to echo those comments, and we will be definitely checking the diary for the Euro trip in May, seen you then if not before.

Andy and Helen.

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
Mmmm, bring on the Euro trip :)

·
Registered
230 Posts
My contribution.

Evenin' all.

Yet more thanks once again to everyone who made it such a memorable event and it was of course nice to meet old and new friends.

Photos attached......

e-charge

Attachments

1 - 20 of 69 Posts