GTR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
The GTR Owners Club (UK) Annual General Meeting for 2006 will take place on Saturday 25 November at the ******* Hotel, Lincolnshire. As a member of the GTROC we hope you will attend this AGM and take part in the proceedings. The meeting will proceed the Christmas Dinner and, while the meeting is going on the ladies will be taken away to be pampered and looked after at the hotel.

Following the AGM the ******* Hotel will see the Clubs Annual End of Year Dinner, on he evening of 25 November. If you missed the previous AGMs but would like to know more, please contact me. Anyone wishing to attend this year's Dinner should contact Booty-licious or add their name to the list here: http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=59217

The AGM is your opportunity to make your points directly to the Club and to discuss openly how it is run. In addition we will elect new members to the Board or re-elect those that have seen us through the last two years. I am pleased to say that all the Board members have declared their interest to stay on in their current positions.

Nominations for all elected posts, together with notification of any contested posts, will be published on the Skyline Register on 1 November 2006. If you wish to stand for a post please indicate here, send me a PM or send an email to [email protected]

GTROC Members have the right to vote by e-mail post or proxy in elections for contested posts on the Management Board or for Regional Representatives if unable to attend the AGM in person. For regulations on email voting see rule 6 of the GTROC Rules.

If you wish to vote by proxy at the AGM, please send me a PM or an email to [email protected] and a proxy voting form will be sent to you. Forms must be received by 15 November or handed to a nominated member to bring to the meeting. All proxy forms must be received by the Secretary before the start of the meeting and presented in person by the nominated member on the day.

If you wish to vote by post, please contact the Club and a postal ballot paper will be sent to you. All completed postal ballot papers must be sent to the GTROC, P.O.Box 43519, Putney, London SW15 3WB to arrive not later than 15 November 2006, or handed to a club member who must hand it in at the meeting prior to the meeting's start. The GTROC cannot guarantee receipt of all ballot papers and will only confirm receipt if one is specifically requested. Any spoiled ballot paper - in total or part - shall be considered not administrable for all votes.

The Agenda

Welcome and Introductions: Chairman

Apologies for absence: Club Secretary

Review of 2006 Chairman

Events 2006 and planned events for 2007 National Events Co-ordinator

The Skyline GT-R Register Skyline Regsiter

Proposed rule changes Club Secretary

Rule 5 to be changed to include new positions of the Club for election at this AGM

Club finances for 2005 Treasurer

Club finances for 2006 (year to date) Treasurer

Election of Chairman Club Secretary

Election of Officers Chairman
Secretary
Treasurer
Membership Secretary
Events Co-ordinator (static events)
Events Co-ordinator (track events)
Events Co-ordinator (straight line)
Librarian

Election of Regional Representatives National Events Co-ordinator
Scotland
North of England
East Midlands
West Midlands
South West
Mid South West and Wales
South East
South Central
Overseas
Election of Other Offices of the Club (subject to rule change) Chairman
Magazine Editor
Magazine Sub-editor
Advertising Manager
Public Relations Manager

Any other business Chairman

... after that it’s off to the bar or back to hotel rooms to get ready for the Annual Christmas Dinner and awards.http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/showthread.php?t=59217

We hope to see as many of you as possible at the Dinner, so why not make a day of it and come along to the AGM as well :)

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hi John, I think Jane would be very peed off with the idea of beind wisked off for pampering instead of taking part in the agm . It came accross as very chauvanistic.I hope it was not meant to be. Cheers Mike Jane n the dogs

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely not meant to be chauvqanistic at all, my apologies if that is the way it is perceived. Far from it. In previous years the partners have gone on a shopping trip with Booty-licious organising it. This year as there are no worthwhile shops close we thought we'd try something else. The idea is to let the ladies do what they want and have a relaxing time of it, rather than listen to club members whittering on about cars. By all means partners are welcome to join in with the AGM, but we just felt the parters would want to do something for themselves and also have the opportunity to chat and get to know each other a bit before the evening's festivities.

Sorry if it came across wrong, we're just trying to lay on something for partners to do, who don't feel the need or desire to sit and talk about the GTROC during the afternoon.

·
Registered
957 Posts
Bladebird said:
Hi John, I think Jane would be very peed off with the idea of beind wisked off for pampering instead of taking part in the agm . It came accross as very chauvanistic.I hope it was not meant to be. Cheers Mike Jane n the dogs
Hi Bladebird,

Just to clarify, the AGM is for paid members of the GTROC. It is the members that have the right to vote for anything to do with the GTR Owners Club. I myself have joined as an enthusiast, so therefore have the right to 'my say' involving the club. I would also like to point out though, that the first year I attended an AGM, I was not a paid up member, however, I was not once made to feel that I was not welcome, being only Pauls partner and not a member in my own right. The last two AGM's I have also attended, as a member, and once again, have always felt welcome! This year I hope to be with the other ladies having my hair done (ready for my ballgown and tiara, but don't get me started on my wonderful ebay bargains or we really would be here all night! :blahblah: )

My main point to you is that, the GTROC is more than a car club, it is a good group of people that will make you feel welcome at any event. Of course people have teased me being a girlie, but never anything serious, and I tease right back. I can honestly say, that I have made some jolly good friends here, and the majority are not 'other girls', though I am pleased to say, have made many new friends of the female kind also (you know who you are!!! :clap: :clap: :clap: ).

In my own personal experience, both you and Jane would be made to feel welcome, either at the AGM, Christmas Ball (which does look rather cool this year, for ALL sexes) or even with us other girls having our hair done, even if Jane is the one at the AGM and it is you fixing your tiara with us! :p

I hope this helps you to understand just what a special place this is, with brilliant and friendly people and if you can only manage the AGM and not the Ball afterwood (why would you not want too???????:squintdan :squintdan :squintdan ), you can be assured of a warm welcome, and no chauvanism, racism or any other kind of 'ism'.

Suexx

·
Registered
54 Posts
AGM

Hi John,

What time does the AGM start please?

As Scott and I are always late for things, I will try and get him to get there before hand!

Cheers, Em

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Can someone please tell me were the name of the hotel were we are having the AGM and christmas dinner because i cant find the info, cheers guys.

·
Premium Member
7,804 Posts
Can you pm me as well please?
I know that it is near Tattershall but that is about it!
What time are you getting there? 1.30? or will it be a late start to the AGM:chuckle:

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Election of Officers

The full list will be posted up in due course.
Minutes of the meeting will be in Sky Lines

1 - 19 of 19 Posts