GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
641 - 660 of 965 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Hi Its still there Jack. But the posting giving notice to the elections and their proposals are no longer on there. It was stickied to the top page by admin.
Thanks for the feedback Dave and it was Adam that asked the question.

Anyway, after your post I tried to log in and could not.

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Probably , I hear they are quite selective these days, you have to have punched someone to get access. Clearly you are way to nice :flame:
Dylan, I believe certain persons have the ability to manipulate all the GTROC platforms at their leisure.

There has been an error of judgment by the GTROC Board to retain such a person after an incident at the NEC.

This has been compounded by the GTROC Board giving the same person the ability to remove the promising "JG" Forum resulting in the abysmal Forum we see now.

The GTROC board has also allowed the same person to organise an AGM in a South coast boat club without any thought for those members in the UK that would prefer the meeting to be a little inland.

·
Super Moderator
15,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #645
In this whole thing I have been struck by the amount of people spoken to who used to be members but have let it lapse. But when you look at things, why would you be a member? What special things do you get? Nothing really. You can do Ace, or any of the major shows on the gtroc stand member or not. No track days are exclusive, no manufacturer involvement, no trader activity. There is literally no point to membership. To report new members every year totally missed retention, after all if you are going to the NEC you will get new sign ups just by virtue of being there. But after a year of getting nothing for your money do you renew? Anyway, musings on a Friday night, if we are not voted in it is in part as most of our friends have already given up on the club.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Between now and next Thursday (10th November) I will be putting together the Members Packs for the AGM. I will also be making a voting slip available to each person attending who has not voted yet.

If you intend to vote at the AGM please bring ID with you unless I already know you personally as I will have to confirm membership.

Also I have to ensure that there is sufficient facilities available so it is crucial that you let me know if you are attending or you could find there is no seat or Members Pack available for you.

To be sensible I will close the list of attendees at midnight Thursday night to give me sufficient time to prepare everything on Friday.

Please send an email to [email protected]roc.org to confirm your attendance.

Thank you and I look forward to seeing you there.

Jeff

·
Registered
6,764 Posts
The GTROC board has also allowed the same person to organise an AGM in a South coast boat club without any thought for those members in the UK that would prefer the meeting to be a little inland.
Oh seriously?

Wind your neck in, that petty you moan about even that?

How about all the numerous of times AGMs are held in the midlands and the like???!!!!

I live near the south so for once it happens to be better for me - and not for you this time.

Boo hoo.

·
Premium Member
2,514 Posts
Unfortunately, if this discussion was in the GTROC members area, where it should be, no one would read it and any posts generating proper discussion would simply be deleted. So pointless!

Hence we are where we are on here...

·
Premium Member
2,731 Posts
Oh seriously?

Wind your neck in, that petty you moan about even that?

How about all the numerous of times AGMs are held in the midlands and the like???!!!!

I live near the south so for once it happens to be better for me - and not for you this time.

Boo hoo.
I live in the South and probably one of the closest members to Southampton.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Whether the style of the existing board is to a person's liking or not does not take away the fact that those who have been 'running' the club for the last few years have worked exceedingly hard.

That unfortunately in some peoples minds is totally overlooked and they just constantly make digs, accusations and sometimes offer abuse. How that is in the interest of the club's future, I do not know.

Every negative comment posted does nothing but put people off being members of the club. I really would like people to actually act in public in the true interest of the future of the club and stop all of the bull.

I just hope the new board does not suffer in the same way as it could bring about a long term decline and eventual demise of the club.

Before anyone types anything else remember it is not an individual you are damaging it is your club.

·
Premium Member
5,790 Posts
Some board members also need to remember that their actions are just as damaging to the club.

Since you are here and posting care to make any comment on the banned member operating the club website and forum?

No? Thought not...

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
Every negative comment posted does nothing but put people off being members of the club.
I disagree.....

As a disaffected ex-member I'm interested to see how this plays out. Conversely, all the chatter on here only serves to ADD transparency to, as is being suggested, an otherwise opaque club board and practices...

TT

·
Super Moderator
15,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #653
Nobody has questioned the work anyone has put in, only said that it is misdirected and the club does not currently offer any attractive benefits. Oh and it;s public because repeated private questions and offers of help have been ignored or rebuffed, so dont be surprised it has blown up to this, it is somewhat disingenuous to blame the ignored for trying to get attention.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
I think the concept of childish is personal to everyone - my simple suggestion is that people are entitled to defend personal and unfounded accusations. Or is that unreasonable? I would also propose that most of the truly damaging comments have come from people making comments based on no facts which are personally damaging (me especially).

The simple facts (you are entitled to your own opinions but you are not entitled to your own facts) that serious questions have been asked and simply ignored - by the entire board.

One can only suppose that the only reason for this is that the answer would be unpalatable to the vast majority of members.

What is sad (I agree with goghat) is that it has come to this when a simple, commendable action of answering (like I have said about my hindsight about the forum split) would have resolved much - even if the members didn’t agree.

Now we have the OC page being altered and factually incorrect pictures being used to make the club look better, denied and only when caught out with Google Cache admitted. Now the ONLY discussion which isn’t censored is on here and GTR Shop Facebook.

I note the GTROC Facebook has vanished entirely? Might you be able to clarify why as Facebook is working perfectly and so, therefore, must have been removed deliberately.

In the absence of any comment or answer one can only conclude, as most have, the most logical answer they come to.

It is genuinely sad and all stems from one egregious decision. For the record I don’t believe anyone has suggested the board and team haven’t worked hard.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
GT-RDC Founder Member
12,445 Posts
Hi to all of the Club Members. I am in receipt of an email from the secretary stating he has emailed every member in regards to the AGM etc.

Now Jeff and I have been having a few emails over some period where I have been asking for an amendment to be sent out to members. This has been refused more than once. The amendment was that I needed members who were voting to know I am standing for VC only and I requested I either redeployed my votes to Rog or that the members had another chance to revote.

Apparently it has been sent out to the members. I haven not received this amended email with the AGM and my details change, does someone have a copy to hand please?

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
I think it goes out overnight Dave so check in the morning and you will see the email.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Hi to all of the Club Members. I am in receipt of an email from the secretary stating he has emailed every member in regards to the AGM etc.

Now Jeff and I have been having a few emails over some period where I have been asking for an amendment to be sent out to members. This has been refused more than once. The amendment was that I needed members who were voting to know I am standing for VC only and I requested I either redeployed my votes to Rog or that the members had another chance to revote.

Apparently it has been sent out to the members. I haven not received this amended email with the AGM and my details change, does someone have a copy to hand please?
As above you should find this delivered to you by the morning.

I cannot redeploy votes from one person to another.

I cannot start the election over again because you changed your mind after the election commenced.

I have informed the membership that you are not standing for the Chairman's position.

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
With regard to the Facebook page. Facebook have acknowledged there is a problem and are sorting it out. It should be up and running in the very near future. Hopefully before the morning.

Only one of our two pages is affected. The other one is working just fine.

641 - 660 of 965 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.