GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
861 - 880 of 965 Posts

·
Registered
818 Posts
Have to say what meeting were you at Barry?
Everyone agreed to work together for the betterment of the club even before the results of the new board were read out. No blood was spilt, questions were raised and answered proposals were put and an agreement that a defined code of conduct should be drawn up for the members and the board.
I also seem to recall that Jeff said that he would allow an independent review of the results if required. The reason for not showing everyone the individual results was explained and accepted by everyone there, if you had an issue with this why did you not bring it up at the time?

·
Premium Member
3,238 Posts
I raised the issue two weeks ago on this forum and it was ignored, Daz suggested a method for the votes to be counted by both candidates standing for secretary but that was turned down by the current board.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
LOL....

So the incumbents gathered and counted the votes...??? I'm not casting aspersions but that sounds like the actions of some tin-pot dictatorship in Africa...

TT

·
Super Moderator
31,353 Posts
It’s just a shame the current board campaigned for reelection without any Real manifesto to address the many concerns of dissaffected members.

They would have won regardless because of WHO voted and not why they voted I am afraid.

But it’s done now. Spotlight is on them massively now. Next 6 weeks is critical.

·
Registered
818 Posts
TT

Would this even be mentioned if the vote had gone the other way?

If you feel it has not been democratic then request an independent audit of the results. It will cost the club money to do so, which we as members will have to foot the bill for. However no one should have the ability to see how everyone voted as it could cause recriminations on anyone who didn't vote the same way.

·
Premium Member
7,803 Posts
LOL....

So the incumbents gathered and counted the votes...??? I'm not casting aspersions but that sounds like the actions of some tin-pot dictatorship in Africa...

TT
Unbelievable. Has it been done any other way since the club started. Has anyone asked for it to be changed. Nope. Perhaps we should have another election until everyone gets the results they want. I would be very very surprised if Jeff was not 100% honest in this. Bear in mind toni stood to inherit the secretary mailbox and would have seen all of the emails in it.

If enough members want it I will volunteer to audit it. I may be close to the reelected team but also good friends with the other non elected team as well.
For free I will check the votes received against a copy of the membership database as at Saturday lunchtime if I am supplied it and also members can email me for a copy of their vote back from the results.
As a confidential ballot, I do not know currently how anyone else voted and if I did I cannot pass that information onto anyone else.

I just want everyone to shake hands, move on, and stop wasting time on negativity which is holding the club back.

Let me know if you want me to do that and I will if the management team allow it.

Please can we move on. I was not at the agm but that was your chance to speak your mind to the current and proposed boards.

·
Super Moderator
31,353 Posts
Unbelievable. Has it been done any other way since the club started. Has anyone asked for it to be changed. Nope. Perhaps we should have another election until everyone gets the results they want. I would be very very surprised if Jeff was not 100% honest in this. Bear in mind toni stood to inherit the secretary mailbox and would have seen all of the emails in it.

If enough members want it I will volunteer to audit it. I may be close to the reelected team but also good friends with the other non elected team as well.
For free I will check the votes received against a copy of the membership database as at Saturday lunchtime if I am supplied it and also members can email me for a copy of their vote back from the results.
As a confidential ballot, I do not know currently how anyone else voted and if I did I cannot pass that information onto anyone else.

I just want everyone to shake hands, move on, and stop wasting time on negativity which is holding the club back.

Let me know if you want me to do that and I will if the management team allow it.

Please can we move on. I was not at the agm but that was your chance to speak your mind to the current and proposed boards.
Dave. That won’t be nessacary. Ballot paper distribution remains a grey area with many people reporting to have never received them but the board got the votes from a large ‘non-forum’ contingient. Ironically that so few people supported the board on here and thier Forum is dead, the vote reinforces the fact that those who use the forums have a voice which needs to be heard.

·
Registered
6,759 Posts
Brexit part 2.

The vote didnt go my way so Ill bitch and moan.

Shut up, move on and help the RE-ELECTED board help to make the GTROC even better in 2018.

Big congratulations to the team, Im glad all your hard work behind the scenes didnt go unoticed and you have another year to improve things - hopefully with more support.

·
Super Moderator
15,546 Posts
Discussion Starter #871
Just to say I don;t expect Jeff will have rigged votes so no point in getting bent out of shape on that one. But clearly a larger silent majority voted to remain the same. Introducing change is always difficult and a lot of people don;t like it. It was always an uphill battle but I;ve no qualms over the votes counted being real ones.

·
Registered
8,540 Posts
FFS people...calm down!!

I was merely suggesting that the process itself could be open to accusations of impartiality. An organisation, of which I am a board member, always enlists the services of a third party come election time. They have the responsibility to inform membership of vote, collect and count the votes and deliver the result. IIRC, the cost of this service is under £100 and affords a truly independent and beyond-reproach mechanism.

I'm not a current member and really couldnt care less who has been elected. I'd just like to see the club regain its previous status and standing and for it to address the concerns raised here by this thread.

Obviously members are content with the way in which the club is currently administered so only time will tell whether the board wishes to make any changes.

TT

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
Just to say I don;t expect Jeff will have rigged votes so no point in getting bent out of shape on that one. But clearly a larger silent majority voted to remain the same. Introducing change is always difficult and a lot of people don;t like it. It was always an uphill battle but I;ve no qualms over the votes counted being real ones.
I think you'll find part of the success may be due to access to the membership details and calls being made undermining your attempt. I certainly received a call mustering support for the current board due to a "B35 take over attempt" and now I've been involved in the discussion one here, I'm disappointed tbh.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
I think you'll find part of the success may be due to access to the membership details and calls being made undermining your attempt. I certainly received a call mustering support for the current board due to a "B35 take over attempt" and now I've been involved in the discussion one here, I'm disappointed tbh.
That doesn't surprise me. Unfortunately people don't like change and it seems like the geriatrics have been left to run the asylum.

If the existing board members have access to the membership lists to canvass for re-election, then shouldn't the other candidates also have the opportunity to canvass members too?

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts

That’s rather disappointing to hear if true (not suggesting it isn’t Matt but if widespread as a message that a bit disappointing as it is an outright lie).

As we said previously this was a good time to draw a line under things and move on. I hadn’t previously been told about an ‘anti B35 takeover campaign’ (obviously as I would have been incandescent).

I have to say, again, I don’t believe Jeff would be anything other than absolutely straight. It would be barking mad and think about the alternative scenario and how it would impact personally and professionally if someone had tried to rig it and it was discovered - as these things always are.

It was democratic, people voted, there you go. Yes I am disappointed more people didn’t vote for our idea but that’s ok - life goes on.

I am sure the votes cast each way will be made public - it was about 35-40 for us ish and 45-48 ish for the incumbents off the top of my head. A total of 83 members voted in all but all 83 did not vote for all 4 positions of that makes sense.

There was lots of agreement about next year and the meeting, I thought, was a lot more positive than it might have been precisely because people kept their mouths shut about the past and were waiting to see what the future would hold. So bringing things up at the meeting wasn’t really appropriate as we all know the relative positions which weren’t magically going to change by everyone disagreeing for a couple more hours! People might disagree with me but that’s ok too.

Anyway onwards and upwards and I am sure we will see some positive changes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Following EJH#25
6,832 Posts
I have to say, again, I don’t believe Jeff would be anything other than absolutely straight. It would be barking mad and think about the alternative scenario and how it would impact personally and professionally if someone had tried to rig it and it was discovered - as these things always are.
I'm not, for one second, suggesting the count is anything other than accurate Rog.

I just hope now, moving forward, the comments and suggestions listed are acted upon by the board. If not, there'll be a vote of no confidence given the tactics employed.

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
I'm not, for one second, suggesting the count is anything other than accurate Rog.

I just hope now, moving forward, the comments and suggestions listed are acted upon by the board. If not, there'll be a vote of no confidence given the tactics employed.

Sorry Matt I wasn’t suggesting you were so apologies if that was inference. The quote was about the odd B35 takeover thing which I thought we had made very clear early on it wasn’t.

Perhaps I misunderstood?

·
Registered
818 Posts
We don***8217;t need to see who voted for who but I would at the very least I would like to see numbers of votes by candidate
Simon I believe the minutes will be posted within the next few days!

This should have all the information required in it!

People are travelling today so may not have time to post them!

·
Premium Member
3,730 Posts
Simon I believe the minutes will be posted within the next few days!

This should have all the information required in it!

People are travelling today so may not have time to post them!

Absolutely fair comment Neil - it does take a bit of time to get these things written up, checked and posted so I don’t think anyone was expecting it to be instant.

861 - 880 of 965 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.