GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTROC Calendar and TR Racing

4K views 71 replies 66 participants last post by  Mook 
#1 ·
Hi all.
The majority of you are aware of the GTROC calendar being in process by myself, but due to our sad loss recently, i thought it prudent to explain a little further.
The 2010 GTROC calendar was going to be solely sponsored by TR Racing, and i had arranged with Rob and Harry a suitable layout, design and format to which they would sponsor.
I have been in deep thought the last 24+ hours about what to do, and it seemed wrong to go back to the drawing board and find a new sponsor, yet somehow seemed wrong sponsoring a calendar with logos and contact info whilst being unsure about the future of TR Racing...let alone wondering about the thoughts of close friends and relatives.
I have discussed this with Mick Begley as i think as an ambassador for the TR Team and an extremely close friend of Rob & Harry and Co., that he should have a say in how it goes.
We have decided to go ahead with the original plan and with the consent of Rob's family (which i do not have yet), will dedicate the 2010 calendar as a tribute to a truly wonderful, gifted & magical man.
I do not want this to be an exercise in fulfilling sales, and the limited print run of 250 will still apply, regardless of how many people may possibly miss out.
The basic fact is that i either did not do one at all due to the circumstances, or i turned it around and made it something to remember him by.....so remember him i will.!!

I hope this is suitable to everyone that knew Rob, heard of Rob, and lived and worked with Rob.

Kind regards
Paul.

See less See more
#6 ·
Thankyou for the replies guys.
Appreciate the feedback, and all being well with the relevant consent, i will be re-editing like crazy.
I dont want this to become another, 'yes i'll buy a calendar thread', but the feedback will reflect on the outcome.
I will pull the plug right at the last second if i have to, to respect the wishes of all involved.

#16 ·
Well that alone drives me to make it something special G.
I hope i do Rob and his family proud.

#17 ·
Fantastic idea. It's a great tribute to Rob and as someone that knew him not as well as others, have none of my own photos of him, but still loved the man, I'd have pictures and memories to keep for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.