GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm pleased to announce the Second driver training day, at Millbrook Proving ground. This day will take EXACTLY the same format as the previous event, and just look at the response that recieved!!

What an amazing day!!

The Date for this EVENT is SUNDAY 7th OCTOBER

PRICED AT £345 PER PERSON

Only 8 places are available!!

BUY YOUR PLACE HERE

Do not under estimate the value for money offered here, food and drink are laid on throughout the day, and you'll learn more about yourself and your car than you thought possible!!!

Read the pitch below....

---------------------------------------------------

It’s a Sad fact that the majority of car enthusiasts fail to modify the one component on the car which could make it handle better, stop sharper, and go quicker. It’s also suprisising that we will spend £££’s on wheels, brakes and springs, before looking at the most important component in any car

THE DRIVER.

Fact is, we all think we are pretty good, but most of us will know our limits. Chances are, your car could out perform you any day of the week, unless your name is Sabine or Stig ;)

So, I have taken the trouble of investigating some professional driver training for our members.

Where better to look than the home of car testing in the UK, Millbrook proving ground in Bedfordshire. Better than a flat airfield, the people at CAT driver training have put together a package which helps you understand more about what your car… and more importantly, what YOU can do.

This is an example of what you get for your money:

A fast moving experience for 8 owners and their cars. Designed to
introduce you to the secrets of performance driving. Threshold brake
from 120mph, high speed driving at speeds in excess of 130mph on a
banked circuit. Drive the infamous Alpine Loops and take on the
challenging Handling Circuit.

The instruction is designed to nurture you and your car at a pace you
are comfortable with. Short presentations in vehicle dynamics help to
bridge the gap between driver inputs and vehicle control. This often
ignored information is the key to unlocking the door to grip limit
driving in safety. End the day putting your new found skills to the
test in one of our track prepared training vehicles against the clock.

* A full day experience for you and your car
* Professional in car tuition
* Access to 5 unique circuits at the Millbrook Proving Ground
* Mechanical support from a professional race engineer
* Lunch and refreshments during the day
* Timed end of day "shoot out" in our track prepared Subaru Impreza
* Full emergency services on hand all day
* Exclusive facilities
* Fastest time of the day "shoot out" prizes and presentations
* 1½ hours driving time with your personal instructor

Here's what they say...

We cater for the novice through to the experienced so you
wouldn't be terrified for long! Colin's history of driver training
with Nissan and his every day activities at Millbrook mean that he is
well versed in dealing with differing skill levels and developing
individual ability, knowledge and confidence. Activities are also
tailored according to the skill set attending.

Ref. Skyline specific activities, one aspect of our training that we
would tailor specifically for your members would be to maximise their
understanding of the vehicles capability on exiting a corner. The
Skyline is particularly good in this area and it may be that owners do
not realise its true capability.

On our website we do have a specific page referring to car
club activities and there are a few examples of the feedback
participants have provided along with some photographs of one event
from last year - this is to be found here ...
CAT Driver Training if you'd like to
have a look.

This day is not to be confused with a track day, instead, should be viewed as a way of extracting more from your vehicle, and more from yourselves. Afterall, the skills you learn can be employed in whichever car you drive.

At Millbrook proving ground in Beds.

MAP

If you are interested, please state your name below.

If you have any questions, please ask.

Thanks

Mike

·
Registered
8,544 Posts
Sorry guy's, an unashamed copy of what I wrote in the main forum..

Just looked at the CAT website and it looks VERY impressive. This is just the sort of thing i'm interested in. Spoke to IMS at JAE and he had nothing but good things to say about the Millbrook day.
Might I suggest speaking with CAT and see if they are interested (and if its possible) to provide classes at different venues say Goodwood, Thruxton or Brands (or indeed anywhere... Knockhill etc)
I am dying to go but am in the process of moving to Fareham (south coast) which makes getting to Milbrook a bit of a PITA. Aside from my self-proclaimed laziness I'm sure many others would maybe consider such an event if it was at some local circuit.
Maybe a calendar of CAT training at various locations may be benificial both for CAT in terms of increased numbers, and for us in terms of locality (easy-to-get-to-ness).

Obviously the Milbrook specific stuff cant be taught but maybe the more general handling stuff can.

Just a thought.

TT

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
weird. ok, ive fixed the link to the shop

try again

ta

mook

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
LIST
1. Mendoza PAID
2. Wingnut PAID

well I guess the guys n gals at Millbrook today will possibly be signing up for this one. Anyone new interested?

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,031 Posts
Can't believe that this brilliant event hasn't filled up by now. Maybe everyone, wrongly, thinks that they are good enough drivers and won't learn anything.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Sorry guy's, an unashamed copy of what I wrote in the main forum..

Just looked at the CAT website and it looks VERY impressive. This is just the sort of thing i'm interested in. Spoke to IMS at JAE and he had nothing but good things to say about the Millbrook day.
Might I suggest speaking with CAT and see if they are interested (and if its possible) to provide classes at different venues say Goodwood, Thruxton or Brands (or indeed anywhere... Knockhill etc)
I am dying to go but am in the process of moving to Fareham (south coast) which makes getting to Milbrook a bit of a PITA. Aside from my self-proclaimed laziness I'm sure many others would maybe consider such an event if it was at some local circuit.
Maybe a calendar of CAT training at various locations may be benificial both for CAT in terms of increased numbers, and for us in terms of locality (easy-to-get-to-ness).

Obviously the Milbrook specific stuff cant be taught but maybe the more general handling stuff can.

Just a thought.

TT
the alpine circuit is really a mini nurburg.:bowdown1: :bowdown1: :bowdown1:
then handling circuit makes you think as there is less run of than nurburg itself
and the oval is cool as.:chuckle:

after going there i personaly think it is well worth the drive to millbrook and it is a 260 mile round trip for me.

that is just my oppinion

·
GTROC Member
86 Posts
Still Interested.........BUT

.... suffering from some temperature problems at the moment.
hoping to get that bottomed in next couple of weeks, if so I'll get myself paid up.

This sounds like a brilliant day and I really want to come, so fingers crossed.

·
Registered
48 Posts
CAT Driving

Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I was scheduled to attend the first day in Aug but due to engine failure on the way I was out. However I scheduled a day with Colin for last week. I have to say great instruction / great venue. At the end of the day, I was just exhausted.

Hopefully once I have my car back that I will be able to get another day in before the end of the year.

·
Vendor
1,684 Posts
Just wanted to add my 2 cents. I was scheduled to attend the first day in Aug but due to engine failure on the way I was out. However I scheduled a day with Colin for last week. I have to say great instruction / great venue. At the end of the day, I was just exhausted.

Hopefully once I have my car back that I will be able to get another day in before the end of the year.
Good to read that you had a valuable day :clap: Look forward to seeing you again soon.

Anyone else interested in this event on 7th October :squintdan

Jo

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Can't believe that this hasn't filled up yet.:confused:

If you've not done anything like this before, it's a must. You will learn so much from the day. What your car will and won't do and exactly how to get the best from it.

Anyone worried about value for money, don't! It's worth every penny.:smokin:

·
Administrator
31,560 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bump!

seriously, we need more attendee's on this, if you are thinking of attending, please let me or Jo know!

mook

·
GTROC Member
86 Posts
Looks like I'm going to miss it, gutted really.
Going abroad with work for 2 weeks in about 2 hours, then new rad and water pump to fit before the big day.

So I doubt i'll be able to confirm before the end of sept...at this rate though there'll still be places left by then.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.