GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
GTROC Grand European Tour 2014 - During & After !!!

A great day today visiting Ozren at his vineyard and then driving over the mountain roads of Croatia & Slovenia! Epic! Followed by a fantastic tour of the Akrapovic factory in Slovenia & dinner laid on by the same wonderful hosts!

Thanks Ozren, Charlie, Akrapovic, John F & Rog for organising :) Today is the reason I bought a GTR ... great car, great roads, great scenery & great company!

·
Registered
352 Posts
It was an epic day yesterday! When we started driving towards Slovenia, I was speechless for first 15mins because I finally had the time to take it all in. John must have thought I was a mute or just suffered from some brain damage! Fantastic fantastic day! Thank you all!

·
Premium Member
3,733 Posts
Epic so far. Thanks agin to Oz and Ivona. Amazing hosts and echo Daz in one of best days ever. Also huge thanks to the Akrapovic team and Charlie for organising the evening - fantastic dinner and great Slovenian wines not to mention the tour of the factory and understanding quite what an amazing operation it is. Well worth the money. The ladies enjoyed it too.....

I can hear the cars blasting off to the Ring now from hotel room and final blast to France for Champagne. Such a fabulous bunch of people and next years tour interest thread being started soon.

Will be the same atmosphere but a tweaked version to make it even better than this one we hope!

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
An amazing week! Many thanks to John F and Rog for a great experience. Just returned to the hotel room and sadly we are heading off tomorrow morning to Calais to get the Eurotunnel home. Lots of stories and some great pictures to share with all of you when we get home. The bar bill is similiar to the fuel bill!

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Got home around 16.00 today.

What an incredibly great time.

Thanks to John Fuggles and the GTROC management for making this happen.

I'll be downloading our pics soon and look forward to seeing some others.

Yes it will be more red wine tonight, but not quite the same without our Tour buddies.:bawling:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
WHAT AN EPIC TRIP!!!

Thanks to all of the organisers for making it such a great trip. It was lovely to meet everyone and I feel privileged to have been able to share such great memories with you all :)

Until next year ...

Take care everyone!

Daz

·
Premium Member
510 Posts
Really great trip and as has already been said such excellent company throughout - thanks to all involved in organising and also all on the tour!!

I guess that for neatness and to bring an end to this epic thread for the epic tour, someone should start a new one in "post event chat" - not me though... now at Heathrow Airport about to start the second leg of my mammoth couple of weeks!

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
Yeah Pipey fella and all other err "nicknames" from Bridgestone probably putting the slowest ever lap of the Ring on worn Bridgestones in the pissing rain. We had further rain on the way back through Germany and France, but other than a few car related incidentals, what a fun packed fantastic trip.

2500 miles in one of the best cars on the best road with the best friends, old and new :)

Jack I too am having a glass or 2 of red wine, mmmm, detox ?? What I that ??

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
3071.9 miles of pure fun :cool:
What a fantastic bunch of people (Steve included) to share this experience with. Very well planned by John, Roger and the GTROC crew, thanks guys.

I'm looking forward to reviewing my pics and videos but in all the rushing last Friday I've left my laptop at SVM!

·
Premium Member
3,526 Posts
Not had chance to sort all the photos yet but I've already posted a thread on the MLR forum, it is lancerregister.co.uk and is in the picture video section.
I've got more driving to do today! Off to Cambridge in a short time to collect some Radical rims and then over to the Miskin area of the country to collect our parrots which have been staying at my mothers. I'll sort out a picture thread in the Post Event Chat section later this afternoon.

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Some amazing photographs to support a fantastic trip. As some will know, a minor senior moment caused me to wipe 435gb of road and V Box video plus my still shots from the external 2 TB drive!

Therefore no pictures yet but have some good news that Roger has managed to do an amazing recovery job and most will be re-discovered through some geeky software and I will then post up some links.

In summary, a fantastic trip, great people, new friends (no enemies), amazing scenery and extremely well organised. I may have to change my forum name to Papa Smurf but that is only to be expected.

Thanks to John Fuggles for doing most of the donkey work and the main organising with Roger Burgess as his wing man and number one supporter, Barry Pomfret for the 'official' photographer and all participants that made this an unforgettable GTROC tour/ trip.

Papa Smurf

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
General thanks to everyone for a epic drive and brilliant people as well.
couldn't have gone any better in my opinion.
Cant wait for a huge get together to compare note.

Thanks again,

Goldie and ******

·
Premium Member
2,737 Posts
Here's a reminder that the whole event kicked off with a most enjoyable evening dinner in Folkestone preceded by ceremonial application of Tour stickers.

The shots below show two old farts in sticker action.:chuckle:

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Thanks Goldie!

I may order one of those to go with the photo that Oz will be sending me :)

Edit: just checked my video and the all black 458 in the photos is the same one that wanted to play in Belgium ...

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
excellent trip,great people,great atmosphere,lots of fun had by all,unless you were following me:runaway:,apologies everyone for the fumes.

big thanks to john fuggles,roger for leading and extra big thanks for goldie for making sure everyone was together,and holding station at rear:bowdown1:

roll on next year when hopefully I will be in an r35,and possible trip for trackday in Ireland with barry and ruth.

paul and jane

Attachments

1 - 20 of 201 Posts