GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
What a fantastic day! The weather was great, the drivers enjoyed a challenging circuit and there was some healthy competition between all who took part. Many thanks to Darin and the MLR team for a smooth and efficiently run day, massive thanks to Iain and the Litchfield team of guys who travelled all the way up from the South West and not only helped out Litchfield customers but also extended their knowledge and help to the other entrants, the Blyton team of organisers and marshals and also Ross,(GTROC Vice Chairman) who came along and helped run the day.
It was a very successful day with some great driving and a closely fought contest amonst the top three, many congratulations to Ant, Ian and George who were showing just how quick a road going GTR can be.
Here's a selection of my shots, I'm sure Daz and Steve will have some even better ones on their disc as they were out in the field,(literally!) and amongst the action on the track.
Hopefully the feedback from the guys who took part will encourage some more drivers out for the final round at Snetterton in Oct., the entries can be bought in the GTROC shop by either members or non members. Looking forward to seeing you all there in October.

Attachments

·
Registered
303 Posts
Turn the wheels around and use on other side or is only one wrong?
Missed this. No they're both wrong but MPSC's are sided, and they've mounted the outside of the tyre to the inside of the rim. Nothing can be done without re-fitting

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
Photographs from the Blyton Sprint are now up in the Post Event Chat section.

·
Premium Member
1,995 Posts
Brillant! Excellent pics Barry! :) have to say a big thanks to da wife, who cleaned n polished the car! ;)

·
Premium Member
3,384 Posts
have to say a big thanks to da wife, who cleaned n polished the car! ;)
Is there any chance if I drop round with my car this evening she'll also clean that as it is covered in Lincs. dust and dirt :chuckle:

·
Registered
9 Posts
What a GREAT day!! thanks to all those who came along, and look forward to seeing you all again for Snett - and hey... get the word out there about how good it is to sprint ;) more runners means a better event all round.

See you next time.

shell

·
Registered
505 Posts
Litchfield Sprint Series Blyton Yesterday

After Shooting the MLR Series on Sat we returned on Sunday to cover the Litchfield Sprint at a new improved Blyton Park track .Gone has the fast curving bends and long straights and a new technical infield section has been added.

I noticed that between the 2 days the GTR's are more planted to the track and to capture any three wheeled action was nigh impossible but below is a selection of what was shot .

These and more of you at Blyton can be obtained through me and there will be a disc available of you on track average 40+ shots

Either PM me or email [email protected]

Enjoy Steve

·
Registered
558 Posts
What an excellant day! The event started off light hearted during the morning practice but as the day went on the competative edge crept in and to see the Gtr's launching was amazing everyone. The results were very close and congratulations to the winner. The 32's were amazing too and for a 24 year old car showed it could still hold it,s own against it's younger brothers!
There were some problems unfortunately as a transfer box exploded on track and a clutch was going awol but everyone will return stronger to fight another day.
Now I have to fix my clutch for Snetterton and boost the 32 content to four!
Regards,
Ross.

·
Premium Member
551 Posts
Brilliant photos guys, thanks for your time and effort. My friends and I had a blast.
Perfectly timed shot of my reverse action into the gravel. ......... :runaway:

·
Registered
505 Posts
Brilliant photos guys, thanks for your time and effort. My friends and I had a blast.
Perfectly timed shot of my reverse action into the gravel. ......... :runaway:
Thanks for that If I posted the whole sequence it would have filled the thread :chuckle:

Lets hope people after seeing how much fun and everyone enjoying a great days sprinting at a very professional MLR run event it will attract a few more cars for the Snett meeting Small Acorns and all that :cool::cool:

Steve

1 - 20 of 28 Posts