GTR Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
After a very spectacular first round get your entries in for the official second round of the GTROC SPRINT SERIES which takes place on Sunday the 01st of June 2014 :clap:

Entries for all Skylines and GTRs which comply with the regulations :

• Valid MOT Certificate
  • Road legal tyres
  • 105db or less static noise
  • Fire extinguisher fitted
You can purchase your entry in the GTROC Online Shop here :

GTROC SPRINT SERIES – Round 2

or by phoning Mechell on 0845 125 2623.

Get your entries in early as some drivers missed out on round one being too slow :D

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
PRICE OF ENTRY FOR COMPETITORS is only £130.00 and you get support at the venue by the sponsor – Litchfields – who are also providing the trophies to the competitors :thumbsup:

The GTROC’s Trackday Instructor – Jake Hill – may be available on the day to hire for tuition as well :D

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I really fancy this. I'm worried I'll be over the noise limit though :nervous:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
I really fancy this. I'm worried I'll be over the noise limit though :nervous:
Don't take this as a guarantee mate but I've done two sprints at Blyton now and have yet to be noise tested. What exhaust do you run and have you tested it previously?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
90mm unsilenced MeisterR. It's a bit loud. Standard downpipes though. I'm due a service soon. I wonder if Jurgen has a db tester?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
90mm unsilenced MeisterR. It's a bit loud. Standard downpipes though. I'm due a service soon. I wonder if Jurgen has a db tester?
I don't think he does mate but Jamie at Evotune has mine down at his garage. Why don't you drop him a PM and tell him I said you could use it to test your car?

·
Registered
3,298 Posts
I don't think he does mate but Jamie at Evotune has mine down at his garage. Why don't you drop him a PM and tell him I said you could use it to test your car?
Nice one. I'll see if he's about tomorrow :thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Guys can you get your entries in please, we need several more cars before we can go ahead with the Sun date.

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
What's the contingency plan if we don't get the numbers Barry. Do we move forward a day and join in with the MLR guys?

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Bump for an update on numbers and dates :p

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We need several more entries for this to take place as a stand alone event on the Sun. Can those who have expressed an interest get your entries in please so Darin can confirm the circuit booking. ( Hint, Hint, Jonny C. and SVM!)

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This will be taking place on the Sun as a stand alone event. It was a great atmosphere at the last round with everybody helping each other out and some good competitive driving. Do not be hesitant in entering if you think you will get beaten by more powerful cars, Blyton will favour good drivers rather than outright engine grunt. Hopefully some of you who do trackdays normally will come along and have a go at this event. You can enter in the GTROC club shop, (you do not need to be a GTROC member to enter this series).

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Paid via the shop, still waiting for my exec pack n card to come through. ;)
In relation to your Executive Club Membership pack it has been dispatched so should be with your shortly - please await delivery :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,515 Posts
Runners list then..........

1 GTaaaaaarrrrrr!

·
Premium Member
3,353 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Runners list so far!
(These have paid or assured me they will be paying in the next couple of days)
1. CT17
2. GTaaaaaarrrrrr
3. Flynn
4. Ants101
5. [email protected]
6. Tin
7. The Zedhead
8. Alex (may be in Porsche!)
9. JCR
10. Vernonjones

(Purleskyline paid for round 1 and couldn't make it, would you like to be transferred to Round 2 or 3 Paul? Alex is also rounding up a few Porsche guys and if any of you have mates that own "performance" cars and would like to get a good thrashing from a GTR or Skyline get them involved!)

I spoke to Darin yesterday to discuss the days format, he felt that 16 timed runs for each competitor would be adequate, I asked if we could then use the remaining time in the afternoon as a sessioned track day after the TAG timing equipment was cleared away, he seemed quite positive towards this idea so you will probably get the chance for a track day also, but this will depend entirely on numbers and how much time is available.

·
Registered
4,494 Posts
Hahaa, the last thing on my mind is being beaten by faster cars... It's being beaten by faster drivers!

What's the circuit like? Run off? Big walls to crash into?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.