GTR Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

GTROC raise most money at Bruntingthorpe Charity day again!

3K views 82 replies 33 participants last post by  Fuggles 
#1 ·
As usual we raised the most, over £1700.
A big thankyou to all those who drove, helped out, and paid a fiver for a lap.
I have a bit of a headache now but it has been a brilliant day all in all.
The best thing I have done with the club all year.

#3 ·
Thank's to Dave for getting us all together and inviting me along,it was truly the best event of the year IMO!!
my thank's also goes out to everyone who took me,my brother,and my friend out for the lap's around the track,and espically Giles for letting me behave like a lunatic around his GTR and taking me for a blast,something i'll never forget!!
i'll have my picture's up soon

#4 ·
Firstly, wow............. £1700 is an amazing result, i know there will be some merchandise sales in there aswell but can see that being a small percentage. At a fiver a lap, thats some laps. Would love to know the breakdown if poss.

Secondly, Dave. Take a bow :bowdown1: . The amount of effort you must of put into this from start to finish must of been immense. Well done sir, truly great event.

#5 ·
Hello,

As always Asda Charity day is probably one of the BEST events any car owner can attend, not just the activities, but the reasons for being there. More activities this yr than when I first attended many moons ago. Awesome air display as well.... You really SHOULD be there and the day was sunny/warm...hands up who has a wind burnt face? arggghhh!! :D

Dave - hats off to you hon...it isn't an easy task to organise...but you did and now time to put up your feet!!

As always great to meet NEW and OLD car club members, always a blast!!

Giles/Suzy/Moley/Robbie - :thumbsup: Most excellent drive back *cough* ;);)

Put me down for next year!!

Claire
X

#21 ·
Brunters

Hello,

As always Asda Charity day is probably one of the BEST events any car owner can attend, not just the activities, but the reasons for being there. Awesome air display as well.... You really SHOULD be there and the day was sunny/warm...hands up who has a wind burnt face? arggghhh!! :D

Dave - hats off to you hon...it isn't an easy task to organise...but you did and now time to put up your feet!!

As always great to meet NEW and OLD car club members, always a blast!!

Put me down for next year!!

Hi Guys!
Cannot add anything to this!
:smokin:
Great day, great cars, great fund raiser, great company!:wavey:

A "couple or four" bits of video to follow:
- on circuit
- in the "pits"
- in the air
- more on circuit action.

Hope all "sick cars" heal up - my 33 purred back today - why do Zafira drivers even remotely imagine they can out drag me?:runaway:

Ray
VeeDeeCee1

#7 ·
To all who were there - a truly excellent day.
To those helping out and sorting things - thanks very much, and
Dave - thanks for organising the whole thing.
A magnificent result for the charities, every punter was smiling and in awe and me, well i was blown away by the whole thing especially the friendliness of the club.
My first event of many i'm sure.
Eric

#8 ·
Yup agree with all that, brilliant day and excellent result on the cash raised.

Dave, your cat herding skills are top notch ! Well they'd have to be with us lot, and booty, yup i've got a very wind swept face as well !

#9 ·
Just back having dropped of the unit. Wait til you see it finished!!!

I can't thank everyone enough for attending and helping us raise even more money than ever before! Well done to everyone. To the ladies who ran the gate, the pit marshalls, the paddock organisers, the people who helped put up and take down the shelters, the merchandise stall, camera people and everyone else who did something to help. But mostly to the drivers who ran the cars all day and raised a lot of money! Great to see so many new GTRs on track and not one fell foul of any temperature or brake problems, despite the hot weather and the constatnt stop-start of the pit. Well done. But for me the best bit had to be the new GTR members meeting up with the stalwart Skyline brigade. This bodes well for the future of the Club and FANTASTIC to see.

Thank you thank you thank you
:)

#10 ·
£1735 was the final result. That's 347 laps between us, fellas.

Not bad for a days work, eh?!

Big, big thanks to Dave. Fantastic work Mr Wilkins. :bowdown1:

Brill to see the usual crowd again and to put some faces to a bunch of 35 owners who deffo made us some money. :clap: "I wanna go in the new one". lol

Thanks to Eric for the pax laps. I had another 35 lap too, but forgot who it was with - sorry. :nervous:

You can't deny the seamless delivery of those 35s. Well impressed. They do need a manual box though and they're still uglier than Robbie 733 - and he's got a face like a catcher's mitt. :D

I had a niggling misfire on full boost, so had to make do with half boost all day. Still, scared some punters and didn't get passed once.

Sam, you're a lunatic!!!

Great drive home too! ;)

#13 ·
Well a great trip/day, as always. I think we did the club proud and once again raised the most for the charity :)

Nice to meet up with the usual rabble but also nice to meet some of the new R35 guys and see old/new faces mingling and getting along well.

Thanks Shane & Andy for my laps, both savage cars with awesome drivers.

Thanks also to SNEL (spelling?) for my first track ride in an R35, was very impressed with the performance...can only imagine what these things will be like in a year or two once the tuning scene really kicks off !

Still not convinced with the exterior looks but from a get-up-and-go and cornering perspective, they're fantastic cars.

Sorry to Hodgie & Emil that we couldn't go full beans in the Drag R but hope it gave you a bit of a taster...I want a re-run Andy once I get it fixed :chuckle:

Hope you get your car sorted out soon Ian (IMS).

For once, Suzy & I didn't even take a single picture, was too busy on the gate...all I have is one video lap with a duff 2nd gear. Poor girl didn't get a lunch break until 4pm and is zonked out on the sofa now, bless.

I'm still cringing about that video interview you insisted on Malc, I felt like a right tit !

P.S. Yeah great drive home you 3 :smokin:

#14 ·
Excellent day :thumbsup: even if i got there late and had to leave early

Big thank you to Dave for the organisation :bowdown1:

Nice to meet some old and new faces :D

Also big thanx to Steve for a lap in his 35 :bowdown1:

Only one thing to say Awesome Thanx once again mate :D

Best regards Alan

#16 ·
What a brilliant day!

I feel sure that my R35 ran better than ever on the drive back to Wales, It almost felt as if it had needed the leg stretching that it most definitely got, and purred home! I have to say I am now even more hugely impressed with it - simply flying past 2 Lamborghini's on Bruntingthorpe runway is a memory which will certainly last!

Equally, I was hugely impressed at all the R32s, R33s and R34s there, and their drivers! What a great bunch of people, with everyone helping out. Thanks so much to Dave and all the others for taking so much trouble to make sure we were number 1 not just on money raised but on true club values.

In the words of Arnie - "I'll be back!"

#17 ·
Second, third and fourth everything that been said above. I continued untill the tank ran dry wich with the R35 aint that far !! LOL Jerry cans next year then !!!!

#19 ·
What a great day.........once again we raised a huge amount on the day. Stunning effort.

A big thank you to the helpers on the gate, in the pits and the holding areas, without you all, we can't run an event like this successfully.

Dave, your a star mate, well done.

All I can say is to repeat what John said.

Thank you all very much, old and new.:D:clap::D

Andy.

#23 ·
Another awesome Brunters charity day. As said before, always good to see the usual GTROC rabble and nice to meet some new faces too. And always great to hear that we raised the most money (again) - well done to everyone who took part! From the comments I got off people when they were leaving the gate, every passenger left thoroughly scared and entertained. :smokin:

Thanks to Andy Hornsby (love the new car!), rblvjenkins (sorry, I'm cr*p with names but the 35 lap was fantastic!) and Shane (OMG, this made up for not having done a single track day this year. Time Attack car + race gas + you driving = :bowdown1:) for the pax laps!

#24 ·
Guys, no need to echo whats already been said.

but i will anyway. Firstly thanks for making it happen. I was umming and arring about coming, as i rarely track my GTR, but it has changed the way i feel baout the car.

it was incredible. I drove as hard as i could on standard ****ed brakes and road tyres, and got some fantastic reactions. Had some aweosme sideways moments, and only one tankslapper which i hope moley has on video :)

the GTROC crowd was brilliant and it was a pleasure to meet so many new people on top of those i already know.

I did 28 laps in total, and when i think i had THAT MUCH FUN and gave £140 to charity, it feels like a scam. how can having that much fun be a good thing!! The car didn't miss a beat all day and i did less than a tank of juice.

it was awesome. I found my limits, the cars limits, raised money, had a laugh, and got a pink face.

****ing awesome day

mook

#26 ·
Congrats everyone that contributed was a superb day out will defo be back next year. Really great to be involved in such good causes.

Spanked a long list of cars including ACR Viper, 911GT3, Gallardo and F430.

GTRs are king of the road:cool::bowdown1:

Paul

#27 ·
I'd also like to say a very massive thanks to everyone that helped organise this day:clap::clap:

I had so much fun giving the public their laps i enjoyed this day more than a normal trackday:smokin:

Was great to meet so many folk up there, everyone seemed really friendly and the atmosphere was fantastic! (apart from that bad sportsman in his lambo!)

I took my video camera but it didn't get any picture for some reason:bawling:

AWESOME DAY:clap::clap::clap:

Mole and Booty - I'm not a lunatic!! - just haven't learnt to drive in a straight line yet:chuckle:

Cheers all,

Sam:smokin:

#28 ·
(apart from that bad sportsman in his lambo!
It was the way he launched at you in public if he were a man he could of done that in private!

Mole and Booty - I'm not a lunatic!! - just haven't learnt to drive in a straight line yet:chuckle:
Lunatic = a VERY good thing!!! ;)

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.