GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,426 Posts
Congratulations Goldie for the win and to Chris & John for the podium places. Everyone drove well today and it was great fun!

Many thanks to Barry, Darin, Shell & Dave (and everyone else) for a fantastic event! Looking forward to next year already!

Many thanks also to Jake Hill for the expert tutelage today :bowdown1: Looking forward to seeing you, Huffy & Wilko out for an event next year - hopefully ;)

Lastly, thanks to Iain Litchfield for sponsoring the event and for the help with clearing the error codes :thumbsup:

·
Registered
554 Posts
Awesome day !!!! Really enjoyed myself congrats to the top 3 !! You boys were another level ! Sorry had to leave early had prior evening engagement. Gonna do more of these, really well organised thanks to all involved !! :)

·
Premium Member
3,563 Posts
Many thanks to everybody who supported the event today, not only the competitors and spectators who turned up but also the team from MLR and also Iain Litchfield and his guys for the sponsorship of the series, although they did nearly get a big bill for timing equipment replacement :chuckle:
I am having a meeting with Darin and Iain soon to discuss plans for next year, if anybody has any suggestions send me a PM and we can have a look at them. :wavey:

·
Registered
1,423 Posts
Huge thanks to everyone involved. Had a amazing day,
and sorry again to Sam.
I only had my arm twisted by Papa smurf to come as there was a few people dropping out. So even a bigger suprise to win a trophy.
Look forward to next years Sprints.

Goldie

·
Premium Member
2,738 Posts
This was a splendid day and so well organised as we have come to expect from Mechel and Darin.

The friendly competitive spirit was a credit to all drivers. As a spectator I could see the effort all drivers made to get fast times.:thumbsup:

Call me biassed but the Skylines were good to see, even though two were only running on RWD (apparently).

My passenger ride in Chris's Radical was electrifying - particularly on a full Snetterton breakast - I expected acceleration and cornering power but the braking took me by surprise - thanks for the ride Chris and for our chat about other things.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

It was good to meet Wouter for the first time and to see his well prepared Series 3.

A wonderful time, great company, brilliant weather and even the M25 ran smoothly.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Good to meet many of you today, it was great fun despite the unfortunate demise of my engine (thankfully a lot cheaper to fix that the gtr ones are!!) suspected failure was confirmed earlier when i removed the head, see pic for te damage.

Ill take 8th tied given i only did one competitive run :)

Attachments

·
Registered
3,496 Posts
Wow what a day!!!!!

Firstly massive thanks to all involved in making this happen:bowdown1:

Well done to everyone for taking part/coming/spectating/making such a brilliant atmosphere :)

Finally home after the mother of all traffic jams, beer in hand and eagerly awaiting the delivery of Indian food:cool:

Goldie - congratulations mate and you're such a good sport:bowdown1: Frankly, I can't believe I was anywhere near any of the 35's in my 32, gobsmacked! And seriously delighted:):):)

Mark I'm so sorry about your engine but as we discussed it will be back better and faster:)

Paul + Christian - gutted you both had problems but your cars looked and sounded immense and showed just how capable these cars can be despite their age. Just sorry I didn't get the chance to get a ride with you both.
Paul, I think not just our paddock but the whole circuit thought a bomb had gone off with your launching!... And probably the rest of east England!!

Alex - great travelling back with you, your car looked cool as .... :bowdown1:

Was so nice not to get black flagged for once:chuckle::chuckle:

Now to look through videos:cool:

I'm so tired my eyes are stinging but still have a massive buzz.. AWESOME!!!

·
Registered
554 Posts
Wow what a day!!!!!

Firstly massive thanks to all involved in making this happen:bowdown1:

Well done to everyone for taking part/coming/spectating/making such a brilliant atmosphere :)

Finally home after the mother of all traffic jams, beer in hand and eagerly awaiting the delivery of Indian food:cool:

Goldie - congratulations mate and you're such a good sport:bowdown1: Frankly, I can't believe I was anywhere near any of the 35's in my 32, gobsmacked! And seriously delighted:):):)

Mark I'm so sorry about your engine but as we discussed it will be back better and faster:)

Paul + Christian - gutted you both had problems but your cars looked and sounded immense and showed just how capable these cars can be despite their age. Just sorry I didn't get the chance to get a ride with you both.
Paul, I think not just our paddock but the whole circuit thought a bomb had gone off with your launching!... And probably the rest of east England!!

Alex - great travelling back with you, your car looked cool as .... :bowdown1:

Was so nice not to get black flagged for once:chuckle::chuckle:

Now to look through videos:cool:

I'm so tired my eyes are stinging but still have a massive buzz.. AWESOME!!!
Sam you were on another level Awesome driving buddy !!!

·
Registered
303 Posts
I can only second the above comments. Great event, great bunch of people and cars and some seriously good driving. Really enjoyed meeting everyone and the healthy competition and banter was huge fun.

Also biased in enjoying seeing the Skylines keeping the '35s honest but it's also great to see the 35's close up in anger, the launches and gearchange speeds are something else.

Big congrats to the winners, really close stuff :bowdown1: I'm currently consoling my 4th place and temperamental car with a beer:D

Really looking forward to some more GTR track events.

Cheers all

Christian

·
Premium Member
473 Posts
Finally just walked through the door.

Well done to goldie,Sam and john for podium places:bowdown1:,gutted I couldn't do most of the official runs:banned:

Sorry to everyone for the oil spillages,still not completely sure where it's coming from,but plenty of oil under car,but at least we got home o.k.

Big thanks to everyone involved in organising,I'm sure they will be more popular next year,and today was a pretty good turn out.

See you all soon.

·
Premium Member
3,034 Posts
Great day for my first Sprint series run and fantastically well organised by Darin and Mechel with Barry as our own personal coordinator.

I really didn't expect to finish in the top three as a sprint is all about learning a track quickly and just getting onto it like a qualifying lap with cold tyres - great experience and one that caught me out in practice with one fast grassy moment entering onto the pit straight.

Thanks for all the organisers, Iain Litchfield for Sponsoring the event and Jake Hill for holding my hand whilst I put my 25 year demons to bed!

Goldie was just so on form and I am really pleased I persuaded him to turn up at the last minute, and git-r for being such a good sport when Goldie did it on the last lap of the event - I really thought the 1st place was safe in your hands.

Let's make 2015 a great year for the GTROC Sprint series and spread the word about just how much fun it is.

It's not just about winning, it's the taking part:bawling:

·
Premium Member
8,840 Posts
Fantastic win for the GTROC, well done Goldie and Papa Smurf

I was off buying something from the dark side !!

·
Premium Member
2,057 Posts
Awesome day! congrats to the winners, and big a thanks to the organisers and to all the folks that attended today..Definitely had lots of fun pushing the car alot more. Bit scary with the oil ontrack at some points..and cold tyres in the morning, but persevered and got my fastest time in the last run :)

Weather turned out great which just made it an even better day. Roll on 2015 series :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Best of the three sprints. Great little circuit too, was a little worried about the 100 but it was spot on. Fantastic effort all round. Massive thanks to Darin and MLR team for opening this experience up to a wider audience.

Hopefully we can get enough interest to make a repeat series next year viable.

Lovely relaxed mini R32 convoy home, cool cars :)

1 - 20 of 68 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.