GTR Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Few shots from yesterday evenings dinner outing in Tsukiji, Tokyo. Had a blast with all the members. Special thanks to John, Aki and Miguel for picking such a great place to meet up. And to all the members that came out.

Will be back with the wife in due time. She's still not convinced I enjoy sushi.

Original sizes are available for the monthly magazine if needed. Just ask if so :D

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Aki, taking Terje back to the Hotel with Alex & Adam following behind in the GT-R we decided we'd join them for a drink in the lounge on the 39th floor. That's the view from the top of the hotel. The beer was expensive, but we negotiated a discount on the parking to make it up ;)

Was fun meeting the GTROC guys as usual. I think dinner at Tsukiji should be a regular event for every visit, but next time order a la carte - since I don't think most people like uni and such stuff, lol. Adam, I'll eat your Unagi any time you don't want it. Yum! :p

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Miguel - good idea on Tsukiji. Tell you what, I'll have you make the reservation next time, and you can figure out who can eat what. I'll even email the menu to everyone in advance, so theycan tell you what they can and cannot eat. :)

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Yum. I'm getting hungry just thinking of Tsukiji Sushi.

OK, I propose: Aburi Ohtoro (braized fatty tuna), Chu Toro (Medium fatty tuna), Akai Ika (Soft & Silky Squid), Anago (Grilled eel with special sauce), Botan Ebi (Raw shrimp), Kani (Cooked crab), Iwashi (Sardine), Tamago (Japanese sweet omlette), Maguro (Tuna) washed down with ice cold Asahi and some green tea. I'm salivating now...

[EDIT] On second thoughts.... we should also get a dinner organised in a good Gyoza restaurant. I know a good one in Omote Sando, but it's always packed!

·
Registered
580 Posts
Was so nice meeting everyone there and had a very good time eating sushi for the first time ever. :thumbsup:

And was so amusing seeing Terje trying to get into Miguels Rx-7 and us trying to keep up with you guys in the R32 GTR on the way back to the hotel. :D

·
Premium Member
2,862 Posts
Yeah was a fun dinner and a chance to meet you all. Good bunch of petrol heads! Glad pretty much everybody liked Sushi!

On the way to the hotel unfortunately on the bridge we came across an unmarked Police car, so we slowed down and stayed beside him...
RX-7 was packed with a heavy trolley jack and 4 stands in the boot which I needed for some work at home this weekend - so I couldn't throw it around much, not to mention the friendly Godzilla sardine canned into the passenger seat! But we did manage to open it up a little bit. Traction was improved! :D

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.