GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats happenin, this sites pretty cool but I have a question.....

Have any of you ever heard of a Skyline gracing the Canadian roads? I'm getting very very close to wanting to purchase one if I can, but I'm not sure how to go about it being in Canada....(near Toronto)

Any input would be much appreciated

·
Registered
6,096 Posts
Hi
I visit my family in Kitchener quite regular but in all my 20 years of travelling there I have never seen a GTR.
I have approached people about getting tuning parts but the answer is always "never been asked for that"
If you do see one let me know :D :D
Best regards Alan

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh I bet you didn't get any answers when asking about GTRs here.......most of the younger aged people are only realizing what a Skyline is from playing GRAN TURISMO and still don't appreciate it......makes me sick somewhat

Nonetheless, I excited about getting one into Canada if I could

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was always under the impression it was easier to get grey imports into canada than the US. I know that alot of European Ferrari 360s come into the USA via Canada.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know just about next to NIL about gettin a Skyline in Canada.......so thats why I ask, cuz if I going to spend the money, it'll be on a GTR

I doubt I'm the only guy in Canada who has thought of it or is actually willing to go thru with it.......I just need nfo ......

·
Registered
174 Posts
MOTOREX is the only game in town for getting a legal Skyline.
count on spending at least $45k USD for a R32 up tp$100k for a R34.
Then you have to get it reg in Canada.
Good luck.
Robb

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've been to MotoRex's website, or at least read about the process.......

My question is if its possible to reg it for Canadian roads......

Anybody ever heard of a Canadian doing such?

·
Registered
174 Posts
NO, I have not.
I live in Seattle, and I know some of the Skyline owners here go to Vancouver alot, but there is not any Canadian reg Skylines that I know of.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, I can't believe nobody has got one in Canada. Money isn't an issue, so if its possible........

If nobody has one here, than it can't look good for me......

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Hi,

Why don't you try ringing an insurance company over there and see if they would insure it, they may tell you what you'd need to do.
perhaps there are other Jap cars over there which are imports, you need to speak to an owner of any japanese sports car and see what they did to get it road legal in Canada..

good luck.

Steve

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You don't get it, hehe

if I saw a Skyline rip by anywhere here (Canada), Id chase it, run after it, catch a cab after it, whatever........

Never seen one in person........here in Ontario guys, you'd have a better chance shaking hands with a Yeti than seeing a GTR.....

you guys is lucky, right lucky

·
Registered
547 Posts
Canada

I recon the best place to start is the government as they'll be able to tell you what all the rules are in personally importing a car into Canada.

a quick search on Google for
Canada personal import car
throws up loads of useful sites

and this place looks like a ood place to start
http://www.riv.ca/

Cheers

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
SL600,

I have a friend who live in Vancouver which have a R34 GTR that he keeps in Hong Kong told me he sees GTR in Vancouver once in a while, but like Robb said, they all have Washington plate on them.

My thought on this matter is, since all cars that are street legal in the U.S. is also street legal in Canada, which means all you have to do is buy a U.S. street legal GTR from Motorex and bring it over to Canada. You just have to find out how to register a U.S. legal car in Canada. It doesn't sound too hard to me.

Good luck.

Jeff

1 - 16 of 16 Posts