GTR Forum banner

What do you expect for next year?

• Major price cuts on all GTR generations, 30% or more!

Votes: 14 10.0%
  • Only R33 and R34 will loose dramaticly in value!

Votes: 36 25.7%
  • No other value decrease , then the actual yearly loss.

Votes: 53 37.9%
  • No losses, the cars will increase in value do to a new popularity phenomena!

Votes: 37 26.4%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am monitoring the japanese market for years now, weekly and well there haven't been any major price downs in the last two years. Just the normal yearly value losses. R32s being steady at around 1.8-2.0 million Yen, R33s between 2.4-3.0 million Yen and R34s starting at around 4 million Yen.

Since 3 months now there have been a mojor price down on R34GTRs I think, many 99. models are for sale at only 3.3million Yen around, R33 scraching the the 2millions in direction downwards, R32s being steady on quality exemples, crap or not so healthy R32s are selling for bargains thought.
Talked to our Nissan agent in Aichi and he expects that no Nissan dealer (Nissan U-Car) will still be able to sell 99.R34GTRs more then 3million Yens next year, Top V-SpecIIs will probably go under the 4million mark as well . . .:nervous:

What do you expect will be value loss next year when the new GTR is on the market in Japan?
I think I will have an R34GTR for not much next year;)

·
Registered
896 Posts
I hope not that the prices fall down fast.

What is with the prices of a r34 gtr vspec-II nür in very good condition? Are the nürs also affected?

regards

andres

·
6,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I can't predict the future, but as I am looking out for a new car since a few months now, I was just amazed to see so many cheap R34 GTRs pop up on the market recently. The V-Spec IIs, Nuers, M-Specs will probably hold the values, do to limited production numbers, younger ages ex . . .. same for the R32 V-SpecIIs keeping the value.
Would be nice to here what other poeple(who attempt auctions ex . .) on here think about future price gains or losses.:)

·
Registered
8,804 Posts
don't mean nothing to me. here's my GT-R calculus:

- over a lifetime, assuming I live a normal lifestyle, I'll buy a ****ing Honda Accord or something like, every five years. That's seven cars in my foreseeable driving career.
- An Accord is roughly $25,000. Times seven, that's $175,000 in car I'll be spending on myself.
-I can't pony up $175K right just now, that's spread over a lifetime.
-Therefore, I buy an R32, and put $25K in every five years, and then I can drive my dreamcar for a lifetime. Once I get the damned thing sorted (parts that have lasted 17 years that are on their way out - replacements ought to serve another 15 years), that is. Then it's just tires, wheels, wear items, and engine rebuilds. As I get older, the engine tunes will mostly likely get less radical, and therefore become more durable. I thought I might need to do a frame-off restoration at some point, but there isn't a speck of rust ANYWHERE on the chassis, and I've poked and endoscoped every nook and cranny of the car. Hell, I've seen more of the privates of my car than my wife ffs!

Anyways, that's my theory of GT-R ownership, and since I already own it, I need never worry about market value again (just....the price of parts!)

·
Registered
2,008 Posts
how much is a Jaguar E Type worth today???
how much is the equivelant Jaguar today to buy???

also....

how much is a poor quality car worth
how much is a superb quality car worth

if people are willing to sell a first class fully loved skyline behind the price its worth, then yes the prices will fall
but on the other hand, if you value something you own and look after it whatever the cost
are you going to sell it cheap???

its the big question, which cannot be answered :chairshot :chairshot :chairshot

I believe if you buy a cheap skyline, then wait for the attack on your wallet
Because if like most enthusiasts on here, we know how much they cost to maintain
Even when you know where to get the parts at the right money

You get what you pay for :popcorn:

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
Since 3 months now there have been a mojor price down on R34GTRs I think, many 99. models are for sale at only 3.3million Yen around,
14K is that all?
I think that its safe to say that R34`s in the UK are going to take a massive hit, 33`s have had this over the last 2 - 3 years. Just wait for the cheap imports coming in in 2009.

·
Registered
716 Posts
Ooh cheap GTT? Don't want the better ones too cheap tho, don't want them going into the wrong (cheap) hands.

·
Registered
910 Posts
Come 2008 there will be a flood of GTT's, and this will affect all R32's and R33's. On top of that, fuel will be increasingly more expensive, leading to more and more people wanting to sell up their skylines. I can see R33 GTRs going for less than 5k (in the UK, i know they do in japan already) within 2 years.

·
Registered
419 Posts
i guess gtrs are still limited in the world and anyway the new 1 cost like rm800k in my country which not much people will spend for it.although the price will drop slightly but i dont think it will have much effect.gtr 32 is still selling for like rm100k here.gtr33 is 150k and gtr34 is still above 250++. i will just keep it.at least my grandson can have it.....

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
I really dont think there is going to be a flood of GTR 34's coming over ,those days have gone I reckon.It's not like they are going to lined up to hit the UK shores ,there just aint the market now and not shed loads of 34's anyway,they tend to be dotted around the globe quite a bit now .I may be wrong ,just my opinion:cool:

·
Real men use a H-Pattern.
12,031 Posts
there just aint the market now
...because prices are still high. If prices drop significantly, I can see a fair few headed this way. There are many people on this forum that would look into it. Myself included.

·
Registered
392 Posts
R34 gtrs in particular

i was looking for a 34gtr about 18 months ago, i bought one 8 months ago
since looking at prices in japan and in the uk i have noticed a gradual fall over this time period

however about 8 months ago i saw a mass sell up in the uk of 34s i think this was due to the initial scare caused by all the hype surrounding the new gtr. (i didnt see anyone selling cheap though)

my feelings are that the new car wont change the market as there is not a flood of 34s coming over where everyone in japan is selling up, so i assume that everyone isnt instantly upgrading to the new one, the 34gtr is the last of the proper skyline gtrs and i think 32, 33 and 34s will always be highly regarded and so will hold their value.

a low mileage 6 year old gtr that is currently worth half what it cost new, has already done its money in my book.

·
Registered
4,962 Posts
Interesting to see which cars are selling for higher prices now, and which are selling for falling prices. Top five in each category:
J Yahoo auction car pages today:
Yahoo!¥ª¡¼¥¯¥·¥ç¥ó ¼«Æ°¼Ö¼ÖÂÎ

Fastest Rising 2nd hand Car prices:

1. Mitsubishi Pajero (Shogun)
2. Honda Civic
3. Toyota Soarer
4. Toyota Crown
5. Mitsubishi Mini-cab truck

Fastest Falling 2nd hand Car prices:

1. Toyota Ipsum
2. Subaru Sambar Try, Dias
3. Mazda Demio