GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys. New to the BB so hope i get this right....;)

My car (R33 GTS) is std at the mo except for a blitz NUR Spec R cat back exhaust.
Just come into a bit of money, so am thinking of err, "wasting" a bit on the car ;)

Im thinking of getting the following:
3" front pipe with decat
Free Flowing Induction Kit
Big Ass Jap FMIC

With the 2.5ltr model being 250bhp as std, what bhp can I expect with these mods?
Got the car with the exhaust on when I bought it, so cant comment on gains made with cat back system....

What boost can I run up to (safely)?
Will I need a chip or re-map/S-AFC? (If so where from - or is it best to go with an aftermarket ECU-Power FC etc)
What Boost controllers work best?

Sorry for all the questions...

James

·
Registered
326 Posts
sell the gts and by a gtr, much more tuning capabilities, especially if you plan on doing that all that work. a gtr would not be much more than a gts, ou can pick R32's up from about 10k, with some already had decent work done.

·
Registered
506 Posts
GTS mods

James,

The GTS has plenty of tuning potential. Keep the car and TUNE it till it sings:D . As 5zuk says, go for an APEXI Power FC and a Boost controller such as an HKS EVC. Don't run your boost above 0.8 bar, unless you want to blow your ceramic turbo. If you're serious about tuning your car, you should consider getting a front mounted intercooler, uprated turbao, metal head gasket etc. Whatever you do don't EVER scrimp, you'll only pay for it in the end.

Check out the following for more info:

Stu's mods

RonS's GTS website

HTH

Stu

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replies....

Interesting comments. Sorry, I aint selling the GTS!

Ive spoken to Abbey a while back, they say that they offer a chipped ECU package to run 1 bar of boost (assuming that I had decat/cat back and Ind. kit...

Is this any good? As I seen to remember that they would take £500 off me for the privilege...

I have been warned about not running over 14 psi on the std ceramic turbo. But in theory, if I uprate to a FMIC this will illiminate losses (about 2-3 psi over the std IC), so I could maybe run higher than 14 psi. What do you think?

Again - any comments, opinions (GTS/GTR biased) welcomed....

James :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oooops!

Forgot to ask in the post above...

What is the std clutch/cover setup good for power wise?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I would do all the mods you are going to do and then get the chip from abbey or an s-afc . the power fc is a better option though more costly and the other method of tuning your car cause when your running those mods with boost your car runs rich is to get an apexi s-afc which can bring your fueling to the right level.
an aquantance of mine has and r33 has the big front mount exhaust and upped the boost to 12 psi his power before tuning with the s-afc was around 190 hp with the s-afc tuned he made 230 hp @ the wheels the power fc is a great tool but not neccessary when going for this mild type of tuning the only other thing you might require is a better fuel pump. I use an s-afc on my car as it has a larger turbo it gets the fuel maps pretty right.
for info on the s-afc look here under electronics.
http://www.apexi-usa.com/
I wouldn't run your car over 14 psi cause at this speed the wheel on the turbo tends to come off. if you want more power after this its a big step.

cheers
meggala

·
Registered
20 Posts
depends on how much you do have to spend , I have just got my gtt back yesterday and is making 389BHP thought i may get to 420 ish but 390 is good . I have changed the turbo intercooler blitz boost , nurspec d-catted and also Apexi Ecu . Dragon Auto sport are the dogs nuts and Alan or Bob really know there stuff and any problems they will get the car sorted straight away !!¬

·
Registered
506 Posts
Nice figures!

I'm a bit of a torque freak:eek: Always like to know what "shove" I'm harnessing. Would be interested (from a development point of view) what kind of torque you get at 390bhp with a GTT.

Cheers,

Stu

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
R34 GTT400bhp said:
Dragon Auto sport are the dogs nuts and Alan or Bob really know there stuff and any problems they will get the car sorted straight away !!¬
So you know Colchester then?

Can I ask where your car was rolling roaded? Dragon are just round the corner from T&M's. Was it there?

Cheers,

James

·
Registered
554 Posts
I'll come clean...:D

I am Infact AKA Jimmy GTS.

Sorry if Ive offended anyone - Ive just put an RB25DET engine in my 200sx and needed info as to how to go about tuning it.

I am very impressed so far - check it out at www.sxoc.com - the thread is "UK First???" in the general forum. You can see the piccys there if you fancy and all the write ups/reports Ive done so far....

I had the car on the same rollers R34GTT ran his car on last week (I asked the guy about it...) and I made 305 bhp at 7.5 psi - 265 at the wheels...

Check the plenum out boys - its the first in the UK from Aussy and worth every penny - err I mean pound!:D

I needed cos I already had a hard pipe kit for my std S13 setup.

Sorry if Ive pissed anyone off - If Im allowed Id like to come to the R/R day in May and get some more "controlled" figures. Hope to raise the boost by then too....;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I agree with Stu keep your GTS ........... I have spent over 10K on my R34 and its money well spent I have kicked many GTR butts .if unsure give Dragon a call in colchester seem to know there stuff ,by september I hope to be at 500plus BHP

1 - 15 of 15 Posts