GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Help !

As my GTS is the first Skyline im quite happy with the performance for now but i can see myself getting a GTR more sooner than i thought. the only problem i have with GTS at the moment front and rear apperance of the car, there's just something missing.

I've got a GTR spoiler for the rear But it still needs something else to make it complete. I would like to put a GTR front bumper on it but some people tell me wont fit, some people tell me it will.

Has anybody out there got any experience on moding a GTS and maybe pass on the knowledge.

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
The main difference at the front of the GTS is the multi slatted grill, if you lose this for a GTR like version then the whole front end takes on a much meaner appearance.

A smaller number plate, cut to fit the recess on the front bumper helps too, my plate's only 5 characters, and with standard gaps and minimal borders it fits perfectly into the recess. The small plate makes the car appear much wider.

To complete the look at the back you need to colour code the glass SKYLINE section to match your body work.

Like Rich suggested, have a look at the takakaira website for the front grill replacement.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
GTS Moding

Cheers guys

I would be tempted to try the GTR wings with the front bumper but i don't know if i could go through the agro of changing the rear wings as well. In my opinion its ok to modify as long as you can revert the car to its standard format again.
Is the GTR rear bumper differant to the GTS, i've thought about putting the rear overiders from the V-spec on there but that the only differance i have seen on the pic's.

·
Registered
720 Posts
The rear bumper is exactly the same as the gtr, so it's not worth changing. The GTS Type M bumper & grille looks ok, this maybe a cheeper & easier option, as it bolts straight on.

Replace the 'S' badge on the grille with a gtr badge and you wouldn't be able to tell the diffrence.

I have a GTS Type M, so if you need my chassis number, to make it easier to order the bumper let me know.

What age is your car?, if its the series 2 - (1997 on) forget what I've just said as it wont work.

Jason.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool

Cheers Jason.

I should have said but it is a type M. Its ok but just needs to look a bit more aggressive. Your spring/shocks have helped but it still needs something, Thanks Anyway.

Iain i checked out Hyper Sports, just the kit im looking for.
Cheers

Ian

1 - 9 of 9 Posts