GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've just a few questions about my GTS25T. Can anybody tell me whats the best engine oil i should be using as the garage that will be servcing it mainly services EVo etc and only use fully synthetic oil. Its just that the oil seems too thin, and it just like water. Also does all GTS25T have an intercooler as stardard fitment, it just that my one doesn't have one. Should i be worrying or was i an option or something, someone put my mind at rest.

Cheers Ian

·
Registered
506 Posts
MOTUL

Itchy,

The fully synthetic oils are very good. I run MOTUL oil in mine, bit more pricy than standard oil (e.g. Duckhams) but definately looks after the engine. Gary at GTaRT sells Motul (07730 813455). Not sure what the other tuners such as ABBEY use - I'm sure if you give any of them a bell they'll be more than helpfull. I can only tell you what I use, not really why I use it:) .

As far as the intercooler goes. It should be situated under your airbox. The GTSt doesn't have a front mounted intercooler as standard. In fact the GTSt standard intercooler is a pathetic speciman its very small. If you're thinking of doing any upgrades make sure you sort out your intercooler. Doesn't cost much to upgrade to a GTR intercooler.

HTH

Stu

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I see it

Cheers stu.

Pathetic speciman your not wrong, is it much work/cost to fit a stock GTR one, have you done yours ?

·
Registered
506 Posts
Yip!

Itchy,

I learn about my car the hard way. I had some serious detonation and blew 5 out of 6 pistons so had to go down the route of a complete rebiuld.

Check out the link:

Stu's mods

I couldn't tell you what the intercooler upgrade cost as I got everything done at the same time. You might want to speak to JasonO

HTH

Stu:smokin:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ouch

I suppose that if you didn't blow it up you wouldn't have excuse to do all the mods at the same time. I'll try and keep all 6 of my pistons for now.

Cheers

·
Registered
720 Posts
All RB25 powered owner's.

What's everyone's oil pressure run at when cold (when first started), and when running at normal operating temperature?.

Mine shows 7 on the meter when first started, then about 4 when warmed up.

Jason.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts