GTR Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi all!

First post on this forum, i've just recently joined the skyline owner's club and purchased a nissan skyline gts-t R32 type M 2 days ago. I'm loving the car (ok its not a gtr, but i'm working on that!) and wanted to know what the general maintenance of it should be?

My previous car was a fiesta so not quite the same kettle of fish! :chuckle:

The car has a hks turbo, cusco clutch, and other bits.
How often should i change the oil? water? etc.
i've been told to use super unleaded as the petrol. One noticeable thing the gts-t has compared to the fiesta is the ability to guzzle loads of petrol in one journey!!

Does anyone know what the BHP on the car is? and also what is the ideal speeds/revs at which i should gear change in order to achieve max boost?

i'm a total skyline noob so i do apologise if i sound stupid in the above msg!
Much help and knowledge would be appreciated!

Many thanks

Munchie

·
Registered
160 Posts
Best advise i can give is... I bought my R33 GTST 14 months ago. Like your self i had come from a smaller less powerfull car, just take it easy and get used to her, dont worry yourself about when max boost etc its a skyline will chew a new driver and spit em out if there trying to live 1/4 mile at a time :runaway: just kidding. After 3-4 moths of reading the forums and getting more confident in the skyline things kinda make sence just take your time and enjoy :)
Use the search button for basic service suff and welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks very much for the advice, i've already learnt a lot about my "baby" as she wouldnt start after only 2 days of buying her! after much diagnostics i finally found out from the garage that it was a weak fuel pump. bugger!

what are the maintenance things that need to be done, weekly, monthly, yearly to keep it trouble free?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
tell me about it! mine went wrong in 2 days of owning it! fuel pump went weak for some reason, cost 250 to fix and transport the whole thing" but i did learn a lot about the skyline whilst trying to fix it.

so what is typical maintenance?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.