GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,935 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have decided to give the skyline a service, and being frustrated greasmonkey I thought I'd have a go at it myself.

so I intend to change the -

- Oil
- Oil Filter
- Air Filter
- Spark Plugs
- Front Brakes (not sure if these need doing but she is complaining that they aren't very good!)
- Pollen Filter - does it have one?

anything else I need to do - and can anyone point me in the right direction of A. where to get the requisite stuff from and B. What stuff I need :D (please don't just say Oil, Oil filter etc :p)

after I have had a play with it it is going in for a nice new cambelt so anything I have done wrong can be sorted out!

plus is there anything to watch out for, special tools needed etc?

thanks in advance

Simon

·
Registered
805 Posts
Info

Simon,

Best do the fuel filter too, often gets neglected.. Nissan part numbers for R33 GTSt and more info here... www.skylinegts.co.uk\Parts.htm

As for brakes, check the pads for wear and contamination, more likely the fluid needs changing have a took at the reservoir, if it's not nice and clear change it, with a quality (Lucas/Girling or the like) DOT4 or 5 fluid.. enjoy :D

RonS

·
Registered
865 Posts
Yeah done all the above apart from the spark plugs as it looks a blag.

But the oil/ oil filter/ fuel filter/ and brakes are easy enough.Not sure on pollen filter but having AC it will have a filter somewhere wouldn't it?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts