GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok Story Goes -

Heard all about Skylines, how good they are etc etc.
Saved up the pennies and bought one. 10k for a 'L' reg import.
10k i hear you say! "tis a fake my good man", "It's been thrashed mate"

Well it's actually a GTS (250bhp Rear wheel) Which in it's own way is in a word FUN. "Sideways" springs to mind

Thing is - it doesn't have quite the bruitish looks of a GTR which is what i really fell in love with a originally.

"So get a GTR". - Hmmm 26 year old, grp 20 insurance + the actual car price!!

So i thought i'd go for the lame approach of "Anyone know where i can get some GTR look-alikes from for a GTS?"

:confused:

·
Registered
709 Posts
West Yokahama do a full kit - front bumper, front wings, rear quarters etc for around 200,000 Yen. I'd imagine the labour to fit and paint such a thing would probably justify buying a GT-R and paying extra on the insurance - as this would probably work out cheaper in the long run.

Talat.

·
Registered
7,272 Posts
10k for a good L plate R33GTS25T with low mileage is OK in my book :D

GTS's are FUN, don't be carried away with the media attitude, 250bhp is a substantial amount of power, and scary when you loose it the first time.

Why emulate the GTR, the GTS has plenty good looks on its own, however a little bit of paint on the rear SKYLINE logo will disguise your humble roots ;) and a GTR spoiler will fit straight on to the tailgate.

A simple grill insert sorts the front end out, but if you want more kit check www.takakaira.co.jp for a selection of body kits.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
James,

Ahhh the "fake it till you make it" approach.;)

Why not try some of the garages like Abbey as they tend to have lots of parts reclaimed from other vehicles.

John

1 - 7 of 7 Posts