GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can it be done and if so could u say use the gtr turbos or 2 gts turbos? Was thinking about it today and thought to myself can it be done and who has done it? Now i've seen a gtst twin turbo for sale that was done by abbey and thought it must be possible.

If so what is needed other than two new manifold and 2 new turbos? Would the stock ecu cope? Could ask lots of questions but will leave it at that as i'm sure someone will come back with some answers .

Many thx:D

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It would but was just wondering if it could be done and the cost of what would be needed etc might work out cheaper than buying one better single turbo?

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
GTR Engine

[email protected] was talking to me yesterday about just dumping a 2.6 GTR engine in a GTS instead. He said it would just bolt right on and then you can do all the GTR tuning without worrying about the compression ratio.

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Beat me to it

Was gonna say that.

Why pi55 about, just fit an RB26 and with the minor mods you are straight on 420bhp :D .

Seems sensible really although someone will no doubt disagree :rolleyes: .

Mind you wouldn't be a Forum if they didn't :D .

glen

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
RB2.6 IN A GTS

Rod Bell built a gts with full GTR running gear years ago

it was his company car at middlehursts
the car was running over 500 BHP very fast.
it was a R32 gts auto 4 door .
opened a few eyes when on full boost.

he sold it to a guy in Aberdeen

keith

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
RB 26 ENGINE

I HAVE A GTR SHORT MOTOR 22000 MILES EVERYTHING JUST NEEDS
A CYLINDER HEAD

MAKE ME A OFFER

KEITH

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
How much u looking fro Keith as I could offer something stupid and may offend:p Give us a ball park figure and the price of getting a head aswell mate.

Tony I was just toying with the idea, not sure if i'd even do it, pipe dream I guess.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Rich,

also consider the option of bolting on a pair of GTR turbo's. Find someone that upgraded their standards - and get the manifolds, heat shielding, turbos, dump pipes, oil supply lines, water supply lines, and compressor outlet elbows. Can't see it costing much, as standard GTR turbo's are pretty much worthless second hand.

Jason.

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
U see Jason this was my line thinking mate, u know anyone?
Or why not upgarde yourself!:D lol :D

Whats the standard psi on a gtr and would bolting the turbos on do anything for the compression on a gts, what about the ecu etc, etc.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi Rich,

I will have a full kit of all the bits you need soon. Just as soon as I get round to upgrading to a single.

A standard GTR runs about 0.80 bar. So you have no worrys of over boosting with the standard wastegates. Also the wategates are pulse controlled by a solenoid, so they could run less boost then this - Just by controlling them either with a boost controller or bleed valve.

You can run standard GTR turbos upto a about 1.1bar, if your thinking of running them to there potential, a thicker head-gasket would be advised. The RB25 is prone to detonation - due to a high compression ratio. This is what gives it so much torque and so little lag (my GTS has more torque in my opinion them my GTR).

Your need to do something with the fueling, the stock ECU isen't really up-to much. The Unichip works really well with the GTS and its not over priced, your looking at about £500 'odd' supplied fitted and mapped. You'll need to upgrade your injectors also, to something like 440cc one's. Fitting the unichip won't remove the 'fuel cut', you can get round this either by fitting larger injectors and mapping the unichip around that. Or the only other option would be to go for a full aftermarket ECU. Fitting a F.C.D. will make the engine lean out when it goes past the fuel chop off point.

Jason.

·
Registered
362 Posts
bhp gains

Jason, what sort of bhp is your GTS running? and are the mods thats your listing on your car?

this is the make up of my GTS, would a bigger turbo make big :smokin: bhp gains..

2500cc RB33DET Straight 6, 24 Valve
ARC front mounted 3-layered intercooler
Apex Power Full Computer (Power FC) - ECU upgrade
Blitz SUS power induction kit
Blitz high flow dump valve
Fujitsubo 6" stainless Legalis R Evolution exhaust system
Calsonic cross flow radiator upgrade
additional 10" Calsonic Serpentine fan
HKS Racing spark plugs

Thanks Dean

ps: whens your web site going to be not in construction:rolleyes:

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Jason mate very intrested in your stuff (car wise that is:D) and from what u say its sounds totally do-able.

When the time comes let us know mate!;)

UK-Skyman what sort of power is your car running with that spec m8?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Hi Rich,

On a normal rolling road tune, it ran at 285 bhp at the flywheel, the chap didnt know how to set up the power fc so I guess with the remapping it could be close to 300?

feels ok :D off the lights, but as we all do, I want 'MORE'!! :smokin:

Dean

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
More is the key isn't it! Mind u 285bhp isn't bad at all is it, but as with anycar I have ever had its never enough! lol

Where u get your skyline from mate, not a certain jap import centre near you was it?

·
Registered
720 Posts
Mine was a pretty much same spec as yours making around 300hp. I was running a Blitz ECU, large intercooler, hard pipes, de-cat, 3.5 inch exhaust piping, standard turbo, aftermarket pod airfilter, HKS clutch.

I would think with the GTR turbos and the engine modified eg injectors, ecu, cams, headgasket you could run close to 400hp without to many problems. It's a strong engine and can take a beating. You'll need to think about replacing the clutch when you go past 300hp.

Jason.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts