GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, first post :thumbsup:

Considering buying a R33 GTS-T but not sure if they're enjoyed on this forum? If not could someone point me towards somewhere more suitable?

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
hi mate
i think i speak for everyone
when i say of course your welcome here what ever skyline you have ..:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,362 Posts
Hi mate. Get one. Its a Skyline, and thats good enough.

I opted for a GTR, but if the funds didnt allow, i would have bought a GTSt no problems.

Have you seen the car you have in mind? Any pics?

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Dude, get one, I have one and love it to pieces.

Just a word of warning though, as the price of the gtst (and other models of skylines) have gone down in value, more and more numpty idiots are buying them. These end up getting thrashed and abused and generally chaved up (which winds me up something cronic).

If you do get one, do your homework first, make sure its been properley serviced and generally well looked after as there are a lot of sheds out there.

If you see any you like post some pics/spec up and we can give you some advice. I dont mind (if your local to the surrey area) coming to look at one with you, if you were serious.

Let us no how it goes.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
You'll find people here with a full range of GTS-t's, from stock to wild. I ran an R33GTR as a road cum mainly track day car for over a year and decided it was just too heavy and ate consumables at an alarming rate, so I flogged it and bought an R33 GTS-t to play with. They are light, have quite good suspension and are eminently tunable. If you intend to modify one to any degree buy a manual, the auto box is very limiting beyond basic power upgrades. I like mine so much I have found and bought a brand new R33 GTR factory body shell from Japan to swap everything over to, but still keeping it RWD. Build quality isn't in the same league as say the Toyota Supra MKIV, and they can rot like hell, so be sure to have one on a ramp before buying it.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
great cars & great fun :cool:

If you havn't driven one yet then make sure you have a good drive before you buy & go easily in the winter as they can get quite lairy in the wet/cold.

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
Dont forget there is the r34 gtt too with a 2.5 turbo Neo engine, which is meant to produce an extra 30bhp over the gtst, but essentially they are very very similar cars just in a 34 shell.

·
Registered
180 Posts
There have been other threads on this which I have posted on.
I had an R33 GTSt for years before getting my current R33 GTR, they are great cars, but have very a lively back end in the wet.
The GTR handling is far better but all Skylines are in a world of their own

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Yeah I have an R33 GTS25t, have owned it for about 6 years so far and love it still - very nice car to drive. Mine is near 400whp and be very sensible at one moment and very silly another, depending on what I want. I hope to have it for a while longer yet :)

·
Registered
359 Posts
The GTS-T may not be the quickest car round a track in less than grippy conditions, or on the road, but it feels (with a lot of mods) very alive and responsive.
Yes a handful sometimes - but never so much as to cause me to crash, just makes the heart beat faster!
I know the 4wd crew on the whole don't understand it, but horse's for courses.

·
Registered
130 Posts
I have a GTS-T chassis with GTT Neo engine , and its great fun. IT depends what you want from the car really? Not owninf a GTR, i cant comment on the Torque splitters, but heard they can make a GTR rear wheel drive.

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
WHilst the name may say GTR this is THE place for all Skylines as well, regardless of spec. So in that regards there are a lot of GTSt, GTT and even GTSS and GTV cars and woners on here. A lot of the threads on various matters cover all models so the fact it doesb't specifically say GTS.. doesn't mean it isn't covered

·
Registered
93 Posts
GTS-t

The GTS-t is a fabulous car

I have always wanted one - and I was concerned if they would live up to the expectation that I had - so instead of getting a GTR - I opted for the GTS-t with the intention that I would have one more "move" to the ultimate.

Its a great car - I use my everyday and love it. It got more power than standard - but not wild. Its reliable - comfy (now that I have leather)

I have crashed it in 4 years - I have no ABS or 4WD or traction control so its down to my driving skill!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts