GTR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I have a old school mk3 supra and am looking into replacing my crap ct26 turbo with something a bit more *fun*. The way my engine is set up I'm not looking at boosting more than 1 bar and for a very responsive single, so I thought that the gts single might just fit the bill. I've pooked around this site a bit but haven't found a thing about the gts turbos aside from that r33 gts turbo is better that the r32 and that they have nylon compressor wheels and ceramic turbine wheels. Can anyone either spoon feed me the info or atleast point me in the right direction as to where I can find wheel sizes, trims, a/r's, types of housing? But please don't :flame: me and tell me to search b/c all that brings up is crap loads of gtr turbo info.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
Hi,
The GTST turbo's are still only good for about .8 bar max really, as you say, the exhaust impellers arent up to much else. Having a std GTST turbo and having the internals changed to steel would be ok. I would imagine that would cope with 1.0 -1.2 bar all day.
I would have thought by the time you manage to get a std turbo and have it recon'd with steel internals, you'd be better off going to turbonetics and getting a pucker one from new. Just my 2p's worth really.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
.8 bar is still okay. How much ps do the r33 guys make running about that with supporting mods like intake, full exhaust and intercooler?

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
approx 300, give or take a little and depending on the set up. maybe a little more. I still wouldnt run a std turbo at .8 bar all the time though. Its the max really and it wont do it any good in the long term.

·
GTROC NOBODY
5,981 Posts
I'm not really sure about recommendations, but i do remember reading that the Turbonetics T60 is very good for about 400 or more, although that one may be a top mount turbo (not 100 % sure on that)
I dare say a recon'd std GTST turbo would put up with 400 quite easily. The plenums and internals are certainly good for it, so a steel internal std turbo would be ok at around 1.0 bar.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Is the r33 gts turbo ball bearing? Yeah, I know everyone says switch to steel internal, but I have a ceramic fetish (is that wrong?):lamer:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts