GTR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HI......SOMETHING YOU GUYS FORGOT TO MENTION IN YOUR THREAD ABOUT PUTTING SERIOUS POWER INTO A GTS . MINE IS SUPPOSED TO BE ABOUT 220BHP ACCORDING TO THE IMPORTER I BOUGHT IT FROM.
ITS REAR WHEEL DRIVE ONLY AND ON ANYTHING OTHER THAN A BONE DRY SURFACE ,IT SPINS UP AND SNAKES ALL OVER, CAN BE ENTERTAINING BUT WHAT I AM SAYING IS YOU CANT GET THE POWER DOWN EVEN WITH HARD SUSPENSION AND 255 REAR RUBBER............SO WHATS GONNA HAPPEN WITHABOUT 350BHP?

:) ...........NEIL

·
Registered
592 Posts
Neil

Depends I suppose on when you want to use the power.... straight line rolling shouldnt be as bad.

Saying that tonight I was slipping in third tonight and my GTS as Vspec Diff on the back (so Im told)

·
Registered
506 Posts
350 bhp

Talking from first hand experience:D...you need to be careful in the wet regardless of your power level with a GTS. I've learned the hard way that in the wet you have two choices, drive carefully and don't release all the power at once OR when you do release the power, if she steps out NAIL it. Bit of a pant filling exercise though:D

There's a chap in a BMW who drives past me in the morning who loves to welly it out of junctions and flip the back end out and power out of the fish tail. Can be done but you need quite a bit of room. NOT recommended for busy roads.

One other point is the actual rubber you shod your shoes with. I ran Uniroyal Rallye RTT's for 6 months and even with 255 they were sh1te, car used to let go all the time. Changed to Falkens and I very rarely have a problem now.

Stu

·
Registered
865 Posts
Also on the gts they were various types of LSD aswell, I believe mine has the better as I nail it in the wet and its far easier to control even with the 255 rear rubbers.

Also i've driven rear wheel drive cars before so can also come down to knowing your car and having the confidence as on many times i have planted it and its fishtailed but with or without hicas its easier to power through than power off.

Its all a learning curve, and being sensible is the key with RWD car.

·
Registered
592 Posts
I was going in a straight line last night :p must have hit a slippy bit in the road.

I agree learn it slowly or/and find a big open space to PLAY!

Im pretty sure we have more fun coz of it though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts