GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Peeps,
Ive nearly finished chewing my way through this clutch and i was wondering what options are out there and a rough idea of their horsepower handling ratings.

So far I've changed the exhaust, induction and management side of things and it has been running at 297BHP on the dyno which wasnt too bad considering the ludicrous temperatures of the inlet charge and general air temperature on the day

I'm planning to change the intercooler, fuel pump and injectors and i need an air flow meter too does everyone just pinch one from the nearest available Nissan 4.2L Patrol or are there alternatives to this too? I have a feeling thats going to frighten the rest of the life out if whats left of the clutch :)

Then things start to get expensive...

Paul

·
Registered
7,274 Posts
RichJ will confirm that the standard clutch is regarded by those in the know as OK for about 400bhp. So just replace it with standard.

What management system and boost level are you running to get 297bhp. What sort of torque figure do you have ? Have you done any internal work on the engine ? eg. Head gasket ?

The Z32 (300ZX I think) AFM is considered to be the most straight forward swap. GTR fuel pump is good for a 30% increase in flow if I recall correctly and very cost effective.

I'm curently trying to convince myself of the best way to go with the intercooler. A huge front mount intercooler is the order of the day, but with the HKS and APEXi complete systems being of a reasonable cost, I can't decide wether to go with the GTR intercooler / custom piping route or just to buy it off the shelf and save the hassle.

·
Registered
477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Jason,
The boost is not up as far as i'd like yet due to problems with the air flow sensor maxing out and a complete lack of overhead in the injectors I think its at .78 from memory I will scan the dyno chart when i get a chance but i dont have it to hand at the moment.

The management unit is a power fc which seemed the sensible choice as im intending to have the rods and pistons etc changed when i get round having the head gasket and cams changed although that may be a bit of a shock to my bank manager (Santa is going to get me this for christmas).

I think im going down the HKS route at the moment for the intercooler, for the same reasons as you may as a kit has got to be the easiest option although i have no idea how much more capacity these have over the GTR one

Do you have any thoughts about changing turbos?

Paul

1 - 3 of 3 Posts