GTR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just a quick question for all those with a standard engined gts25t.....what kind of MPG are you returning...the reason i ask is that when i first got mine nearly a year ago it was doing 26-27 on every tank....now its doing 23....dont think im driving it any different in fact to try and get good economy i drove it gently and over long distances but still getting the same figure....i calculate it from fill up to fill up so its quite accurate and im (and always have) running on shell optimax.......on a run to Plymouth earlier in the year i got over 30 MPG out of it!!!!!!!!!!!
cheers peeps
Keith

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
fuel

Hi mate

depends how i drive it i can get anywhere between 190 - 260 miles out of tank if u have heavy right foot have done half tank over 60 miles but that was pretty much flat out all way
dont now as to standard as mine wasnt when got it
but they are great fun as u know and will not have anything else now

lee

·
Registered
477 Posts
mine is roughly the same 26 - 27 on a mixed road run. On the motorways etc it depends very much on your cruising speed, too far over 70 and it flies out the window due to the short gearing.

mine has an aftermarket exhaust, filter, managment unit and turbo... but so long as its off boost then fuel economy is not so bad.

not like the single figures that my brother-in-law gets from his ultima gtr (chortle... :D )

Paul

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
I get around 200 to the tank driving around Milton Keynes and I have to drive light to do that, too many roundabouts for good fuel economy. On the motorway I can do around 300 - 350 on a tank cruising at about 80mph.

My car is pretty standard just an exhaust, GTR wheels and a filter change I think. Although it may have a different ECU.

Hope that helps

Matt

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
hi

HI

how u getting 350 out of tank i only get 280 max

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Ive got an extra half litre over you R32GTS-t boys, but no turbo and an auto box... if i drove till the tank was empty, id get about 300 miles... as it is i tend to fill up on the first indicator above empty... and ive been getting about 220ish out of that
(220ish miles = 45 litres = £35ish)

it aint wonderful, but its not too bad...

·
Registered
2,881 Posts

I had a GTS-25t for three and half years, daily driven, did 50k in that time. Consistently got 20-22 mpg mixed urban and dual carriageway. Motorway driving took things up to 26 mpg, but easily thrown away with a bit of heavy boot. The car was stock except for speedo conversion, 18's and a GT-R cat back.

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
My 300 - 350 is an estimate on what I would get if I ran it dry. However a trip up to Doncaster and back will cover around 250 miles and I easily have a 1/3 of a tank left, assuming I don't do any driving when I am up there. This is based on a steady 85 mph and no traffic jams. Which unfortunatley is rare on a Friday night :mad:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts