Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking (i know!)......

As you know I have a GTSt R33 with the RB25DET and here are the choices

Stick in an RB26DETT with all the bits (mass meters ECU FMIC) or

Upgrade the RB25DET....

I would like an easy 350bhp, maybe 400 later but not more than that

Any thoughts on which way to go anyone ?

·
6,821 Posts
Upgrate the RB25DET . . . ask some Tuner in the UK what would be the best way of tuning the 25DET. More cheap then buying and transplanting a RB26DETT . . .but why you not sell your car and buy a GTR32 instead, would cost the same price no?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gtrlux, I would rather keep the GTSt.... I just want a bit more power and the engine is ready for a rebuild.

Surely this would be easier and cheaper just to stick an RB26 in and tune it a bit.... Im not sure whats involved in tuning an rb25 to 400bhp, anyone have any suggestions ?

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice looking motor :)

Im thinking then, Turbo and ECU first

Allready got Induction, Exhaust and FMIC

Im wanting some real strong midrange, Not really fussy about high HP so long as the thing pulls well, right now the T3 turbo is laggy and im just not happy with the general setup

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
Marky_GTSt said:
Im not sure whats involved in tuning an rb25 to 400bhp, anyone have any suggestions ?
HKS GT2835Pro S turbo with Elbow
Power FC
Nismo 740cc Injectors
Tomei Pon Cams
1.8mm steel head gasket
Aftermarket Front Pipe
Decat pipe
cat-back exhaust
HKS Induction kit
GTR FMIC
Greddy Profec B boost controller
GTR Fuel Pump
Nismo FPR
Q45 AFM
os giken tripple plate Clutch
GREDDY 8Plugs
Mocal Oil cooler

theres your shopping list, i put that on a customers car and it made 393 @ hubs on Abbey's dyno 1.4 BAR

mine is just the same although the intercooler is different and won't flow more than 1.15 bar made 365 @ hubs

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Exactly what I was looking for, Thanks for that....... I can allready tick some of those items and buy the rest as I go along...

About the clutch, Will that be ok to drive often or would I get away with something a bit milder ?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
tripple was over kill but it turned up at the right price at the right time, i have a Twin in mine, which takes all the abuse it needs to

·
6,821 Posts
Andy

How's that clutch for use on a super market parking for exemple. What's the diff. between the os giken clutches (next to the price).

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for the spam............

I have NGK Iridium plugs in, and a K&N induction kit, Any reason these wont work ok with the above listed items ?

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
the tripple is a nightmare and going to be changed at some point so i've been told :p

the twin in mine is the OS Giken STR and is great rated to 650ps i belive so i'll have a hard time wearing it out :chuckle: but i'm trying !
price wise about 4 times the cost of a 32 GTR clutch :eek:

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmmmm, I wonder if the GTR clutch would fit and be ok then ? It does need to be easy to drive as I use it often for work.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
as long as the induction kit will fit the new AFM, Greddy plugs were recomended by Mark at Abbey (was using Denso 24's)

·
6,821 Posts
Ever tried a O.G. Quadruple plate clutch on a GTR34. I drove it trough Tokyo at trafic . . . after you are happy to get inside your auto. Suzuki Swift.:nervous:

·
Registered
3,384 Posts
Andy W said:
HKS GT2835Pro S turbo with Elbow
Power FC
Nismo 740cc Injectors
Tomei Pon Cams
1.8mm steel head gasket
Aftermarket Front Pipe
Decat pipe
cat-back exhaust
HKS Induction kit
GTR FMIC
Greddy Profec B boost controller
GTR Fuel Pump
Nismo FPR
Q45 AFM
os giken tripple plate Clutch
GREDDY 8Plugs
Mocal Oil cooler

theres your shopping list, i put that on a customers car and it made 393 @ hubs on Abbey's dyno 1.4 BAR

mine is just the same although the intercooler is different and won't flow more than 1.15 bar made 365 @ hubs
That list should get you the power your after Mark, but as said above, the triple is OTT. Look at the OSGiken STR twin plate. They reckon it's lighter to use than a standard clutch.:) I've got the super single, which is more than OK, it's just the STR wasn't available when I changed the cluch on my car.

I'm well on the way to this spec engine, just the pons cams to save for, (nearly there!!:clap: ). I've done one or two things differently, but that's generally the same route.

The price Tomei charge, 1,250,000 yen, is about £6K, (I think,), but then you need to transport it over here, plus all the ancillaries. It will probably work out cheaper if you do the work yourself mate. :)

Good luck with whatever you decide.

Andy.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts