GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a r33 gtst spec 2 with full de-cat s/s, filter, plugs and a hks evc5 and i am thinkin of getting some money together and buyin something nice for my car.

OR p/x it for a r32/r33 gtr or supra tt

how would a gtr be like with the same mods as my gtst?

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
it would be a hell of alot better,thats for sure

our GTR is just mental IMO,thats only running 400bhp aswell,though our GTS's are only slighty modified,i can imagine the difference the cars would be when they have both the same modifications to them,the GTR will give you alot more BHP to per £ you put into it

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i would need to pay up £1500 to insure it and on a px i would need to add about £2000/3000 for a r32 or £4000/5000 for a r33

or should i spend this money on mine? or rb30 it

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
well fitting an RB30 would cost you atleast £5k,alot more i'm guessing thats for sure

if you were to fit the RB30 to a GTS,you'd be having the rear wheels spinning all the time because of the torque it'd make,any water on the road would make it hell i'm guessing as you'll be trying to keep it under control

there is a R32 GTR shell for sale currently for only £1450,look here:
http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/upload/68554-1993-gt-r-32-met-grey.html

say you sell your GTS for £5k,you'll have £3.5k nearly to spend on the car,and that can cover engine and gearbox,and since you'll have extra money anyway,you can always modify abit more since everyhting it already out

the extra cash you have can also go for things like bucket seats,tasty alloys etc etc

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
how do 500/600hp supra owners cope?

that shell would be nice, wouldnt it cost a lot getting all the bits and bobs needed and fitting them?

there is a 600hp r32 i seen for £10,500 and i would like to px my car if i get a good price on it as i have tried selling it before and i just got loads of time wasters

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
well if you want it right now,then obviously then go for the one you've seen

if time wasn't a problem,then the shell would be my way of going forward with it

and supra owners have got some REAL wide tyres on the back,the GTS's aren't really the widest tyre are they?

i might be able to get a near standard R33 GTR in MP for around £11.5k

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i got offered £5600 on a p/x the other day but then......i thought i didnt really want a scooby. went to see a r33 yesterday tho and got offered £ 4500!

what is the pros and cons between the supra tt and gtr? are supras good around town and b-roads or is it one of them cars that are for getttin on a motorway over 70mph?

we are selling the house so i can take a very some amount for cash out to sort my car or money to px for new car so i cant buy one just yet

·
R35 Section manager
11,363 Posts
i got offered £5600 on a p/x the other day but then......i thought i didnt really want a scooby. went to see a r33 yesterday tho and got offered £ 4500!

what is the pros and cons between the supra tt and gtr? are supras good around town and b-roads or is it one of them cars that are for getttin on a motorway over 70mph?

we are selling the house so i can take a very some amount for cash out to sort my car or money to px for new car so i cant buy one just yet

The Supra and the Gtr are both probably better suited to the open road, but the Gtr would be better on the twisties than the Supra imho. I would say that they are as fast as each other, but the Supra is the more comfy out the two.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
is the supra or gtr for me? as i never go over 100mph as i like my little card with my picture in haha

i want to be faster in 2nd than my gtst, my gtst only seems quick over 60/70mph

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
oh would a gtr be faster for street and drag use?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
ive just gone from a 450bhp supra to a 350ish bhp r33 gtr.

out of the two the gtr is by far the better car, drives like a proper race car, where as the supra just felt like a really big roa car.

the supra was a fair bit quicker, but had a extra 100ish bhp so naturally it would do.

also the gtr was a LOT more to insure than the supra as well.

but im well chuffed with my gtr, dont think il ever look back. only forwards with mods, mods and more mods :)

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what would you have out of a 32/33 gtr or a gtst with a 600hp rb30 tho? as the money needed to add to buyin a gtr would pay for a rb30

·
Premium Member
8,106 Posts
do you want 4WD or RWD?

as i've said earlier,Supra's can run high bhp,but they also have much stronger gearbox etc etc,and their rear tyres are much wider than the ones on GTS'T's.

Also,has the RB30 powered GTS-T has all the right upgrades to it,as in the drivetrain?
As the amount of torque WILL put pressure on the system,so don't be suprise if you go through a standard clutch in 5 days!

·
Banned
146 Posts
i would need to pay up £1500 to insure it and on a px i would need to add about £2000/3000 for a r32 or £4000/5000 for a r33

or should i spend this money on mine? or rb30 it
Keep the RB26 and tune that. Im no fan of the OZ RB30 for obvious reasons that it was never designed to be a high powered car engine as the RB6 was. If you look on this forum Im sure you will find some info on this.

If you must buy and RB30 go to Rod Bell and buy a proper (OS Giken) RB30, or you could go for stroker from the likes of Jun, Tomei, HKS etc.

·
Banned
7,219 Posts
If we talking sub-100mph stuff then a GTR is better id say if you want more power than you currently got as you will have better traction, enabling you to drive harder.

If you dont drive at high speed id reccomend lower ratio diffs too, transform acceleration.

Im no fan of the OZ RB30 for obvious reasons that it was never designed to be a high powered car engine
But its proven itself to be more than up to the task.

If you must buy and RB30 go to Rod Bell and buy a proper (OS Giken) RB30
And need to tighten your crank pulley up after every journey or risk it flying off.

The risks of running an engine never intended for the road on a road car.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a gts-t with an rb26 tuned to 450bhp, with skinnyish tyres (235 on back) and its fine in the dry. You would want to be careful in the wet though. all the same its not to bad once you don't drive like a nob. however this conversion is not a cheap option. I bought mine from japan already built but if you add up the parts required it gets expensive very quick.

I bought my car over a gtr because i prefer RWD, what do you prefer? If your unsure my advise is to get test driving. If you buy a gtr i don't think you'll be dissapointed

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
anyone know what the cost of fitting a rb30 into my gtst? i could get a rb30 my self

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.