GTR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so i was reading online and someone said that you can use the front bumper off a gtr if you have the bumper,fenders, hood and headlights. would that work or would it still not work? i was thinkig of having the bumper split in half and some taken out the plastic welded back together or however. would that work. thanks

·
Through the Night
4,267 Posts
That would work ,headlights are the same so no need to change them ,bonnet ,bumper,wings and a few bolt fixings changed and it will fit fine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i tried fitting just the grill insert in that goes on the bumper but that wouldnt fit in between my headlights. does it make a difference which series it is> im not sure which mine is.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Yes. S2 has a completely different front end to the S1. I have a S2 and most parts for headlight's and grill wont fit :mad:

·
Registered
823 Posts
I know it's off topic but it looks really nice where you live !!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i live in florida. and yeah but it gets really hot. i lived in the uk for 4 1/2 years when i was younger and loved it. and what about engine series 1 or 2

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
also why wouldnt the grill part for the gtr bumper not fit in between my lights? will the new fenders and hood make it fit

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
BNR32
6,660 Posts
I don't think cutting a bit out of the bumper would work as the front is the same width, its just the GTR bumper flares out towards the front wheel to match the wider wings (fenders). If anything, you may be able to flex and bolt a GTR bumper to fit the narrower GTS wings.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
we tried that already and it really doesnt fit. i wish it did though. we took off my bumper and its pretty close but not stretchable close

·
Registered
13 Posts
A bit off topic i know but.....Will a pair of front wings from a R33 GTR fit onto a GTSt S2? And while i am asking.....do you guys think it would be possible to cut the rear wings off of a GTR and weld them onto my GTSt?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well what are some websites that have kits. im in the us and love the stock bumper of the gtr and havnt found any nice front ends i like for the gtst. also i have the gtr bumper sitting in my garage

·
Registered
866 Posts
the gtr bumper wil fit the series 1 gts, the only downfall is theres a gap in between the front lights and and the bumper, just made a strip to cover it and it works well,better off with a jdm bumper then a fibreglass one,look better,more flat and much stronger

1 - 18 of 18 Posts