GTR Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, considering upping the power of my R32 GTR to around the 550bhp mark (at the engine). Will be getting supporting mods but not cams so no upping the rev range. Currently looking at a single namely a GTX3076R but was wondering what you all thought and if anyone had experience with a GT(X)3076R at this sort of power (response/lag, top end power, boost threshold etc.) and if there was any room for more after that (I see about 620bhp noted)?

Any advice/thoughts from the professionals too would be much appreciated.

Brian

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Not sure what turbine Ar to go for and what effect it would have on power range and lag?

Brian

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Class, anyone, anyone?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Brian,

I have that turbo on my R34 GT-R.
It's a built 2.6 - forged internals, upgraded lifters etc.
Made 379awkw using E85.
To be honest though, it doesn't seem a great match for an RB26, at least in my experience.
I will be looking to get a GTX35R which seems to barely lose anything down low to the GTX3076R on an RB26.
The response from the GTX3076R is not great. My tuner is not impressed with it on my car and others he has tuned on RBs.

I'm certainly no expert on this, but my Tuner (Adam from JEM here in Sydney) has tuned a LOT of RBs. So I trust his judgement on this and as I say, I personally will be looking to go a GT35 frame in the very near future.

Cheers,

Paul.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Attached a dyno sheet for my car.
This was before we deleted the screamer pipes and plumbed it back into the exhaust to reduce noise (and subsequently dropped power to 379awkw but picked up a little low range performance)
I unfortunately don't have a dyno sheet for the 379kw run.

Hope this helps some.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Attached a dyno sheet for my car.
This was before we deleted the screamer pipes and plumbed it back into the exhaust to reduce noise (and subsequently dropped power to 379awkw but picked up a little low range performance)
I unfortunately don't have a dyno sheet for the 379kw run.

Hope this helps some.
Thanks Paul, that's a great help!

·
Registered
3,029 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's a good amount of top end power from the turbo without a massive amount of boost but that seems quite a late response from the spool up as I would have expected about 3700 rpm to 4000 rpm from the compressor maps on the Garrett site.

Do you know what the AR used was?

Response is VERY important to me as it will be a street car mainly on B class twisty roads so no drag monster so that is a bit worrying.

Thanks again Paul!

Anybody out there have a GT(X)35R on a rb26 to compare this against?

Brian

·
Registered
3,585 Posts
here ya go 2650cc, 262 10.1mm cams, gt40 black run 0.84 a/r, red run 1.06 a/r turbine both at 1.7 bar of boost, that's all wheel hp/torque on v power pump fuel, easily 800 crank hp on e85 im sure

·
Registered
29 Posts
That's a good amount of top end power from the turbo without a massive amount of boost but that seems quite a late response from the spool up as I would have expected about 3700 rpm to 4000 rpm from the compressor maps on the Garrett site.

Do you know what the AR used was?

Response is VERY important to me as it will be a street car mainly on B class twisty roads so no drag monster so that is a bit worrying.

Thanks again Paul!

Anybody out there have a GT(X)35R on a rb26 to compare this against?

Brian
Hi Brian,

Sorry, haven't been back on this forum for a while.
It was a .82 AR (divided). Twin 38mm wastegates.

To be honest, it seems a lot more responsive on the street than the dyno sort of indicates.
I previously had Trust T517z twins (8cm) on my original standard motor. The GTX is WAY better in terms of response. Especially with picking up the throttle out of tight corners or general on and off the throttle response (Transient response I guess).

If I do go GTX35 or other similar turbo I will post up the dyno graphs here.

Cheers,

Paul.
But the Trust turbos are known to be pretty laggy as far as twins go.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts