GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got the all clear from the doctors and DVLA and they say I am medically fit and well to drive, I made a deal with the doc that I would be sensible and so on...

So Skyline goes for the test tomorrow, A-Plan sorted out a good quote on insurance again :) and I will be taxed and on the road tomorrow or wednesday.

I really can't wait, it's been almost 2 years now and I am proper ready to be back on the road :)

Mark.

P.S. A fitting 6000th post I feel :)

·
Vendor
12,681 Posts
great news mate!!

·
Premium Member
5,888 Posts
welcome back mark! bet you cant wait !

·
Registered
8,548 Posts

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks folks.

I'm quite excited about tomorrow, Like a kid on Christmas eve :)

It will be a while before I am back on with the mods as all this tax and insurance on 2 cars has bit into the cash but I will soon be back on track :)

I'm not sure what distance I can drive yet (It seems to be a problem if I go more than about 30 miles as a passenger) but I hope to get to a meet or two this summer. I will have to see how things go. For now I am just happy to stay local and get used to driving again.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Great news! I remember the thread as to why you stopped driving, I hope the weather stays dry for you to enjoy the RB! :D

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
Mark, do you think it's a little soon to resume the 'Drunk and Posting' series?:chuckle:

·
Registered
155 Posts
Great news! I remember the thread as to why you stopped driving, I hope the weather stays dry for you to enjoy the RB! :D
Same here, glad your well buddy and enjoy tomorrow.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Mark, do you think it's a little soon to resume the 'Drunk and Posting' series?:chuckle:
LOL, I had forgotten about that :) Used to enjoy those nights, I hardly ever get drunk anymore though :(

I will try and remember to post one up next time though :)

·
Premium Member
13,400 Posts
Same here, gone from drinking every night to a quick pint on the way home on Friday and a couple on Sunday night if we go out for a meal. Terribly boring really.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
MOT FAILED!!! GASP!

Apparently I need something called a catalytic converter Pfffttt.....

One of the rear brakes was a little low on effort too but it has been stood a long time and a quick service will fix that.

Apart from that the vehicle seems to be in the exact condition I left it. Going to throw some fresh wiper blades on I think as they seem to have gone off a bit.

Will be all sorted out once I have this cuppa and warm up a bit :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts