GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone bought the kit and fitted these to an R35? any pros/cons?
Just deliberating at the moment if it is worth spending the cash to make it a bit different. Would want to do the work myself

·
Ooo Matron !
2,105 Posts
Do you mean gullwing or do you mean scissor doors ?

Gullwing:

Scissor:

I like scissor doors, but on a car that has scissors doors from the factory.

·
Registered
35 Posts
And being a frameless door, literally impossible to do!
I saw a GTR for sale recently with the conversion, I thought it looked good and I assume for those of us that have kids climbing in and out of the back there would also be practical benefits too when space between cars is tight.

·
Premium Member
174 Posts
How far go they open before they raise? This can need nearly as much space as opening them normally.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,730 Posts
They don’t work like true scissor doors either. You have to lower it all the way down and then close the door normally. Absolute shite.

·
Ooo Matron !
2,105 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks for the feedback chaps, its appreciated. I did mean scissor doors just spelt it wrong... Interesting the views. From what I have seen they do open out then up so not a true scissor and the kits are also approaching 2k to do it yourself. Maybe if I see a conversion on a gtr and I like it and have time and cash on my hands I might consider it. Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
thanks for the feedback chaps, its appreciated. I did mean scissor doors just spelt it wrong... Interesting the views. From what I have seen they do open out then up so not a true scissor and the kits are also approaching 2k to do it yourself. Maybe if I see a conversion on a gtr and I like it and have time and cash on my hands I might consider it. Thanks again for taking the trouble to reply
Lambo doors are so outdone even Lamborghini dont fit them anymore:puke:
Bet more and more chaved up examples to appear as they get cheaper.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Lol, so much negative comments about scissor doors.

Let me tell you this, I have them on my Nissan 200SX S13 and they look amazing on the car in my opinion. Even though I like them, they need a car that is "ruined" enough to suit them. Stock body or stockish exterior R35 is not one of them. They are flimsy as ****, they usually don't keep the adjustments very well etc..

Do it if you want, but be ready to have some of the luxury feeling out of your car. :)

Untitled by juucso, on Flickr

1 - 20 of 23 Posts