GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Over night, my father-in-law's 2010 GTR was stolen from his private drive in the Idle area of Bradford. It is Gun Metallic grey, reg starting ND60 and has no modifications other than the upgraded mats and parking sensors. Unfortunately, no tracker was installed.
His house was broken into and the keys were stolen. The car was seen on camera this morning (7th December) at 2:30am travelling towards the M606.
My father-in-law lent us this car for our wedding and a long weekend earlier in the year so I know what a great car this was!

Any info that you may have would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,
Julien.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, police have been round and taken details. It was them who somehow found the footage of the car at 2:30am. Not really sure what they can do other than keeping a look out.

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
thieves omg I hate them!

phone the insurance company?

do you know anyone who might be suspected?

Normally people who know your father very well does this kind of jobs.

Not any thief knows that the keys are there hidden or do you leave them on the table?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm assuming he's phoned the insurance company. Key's were hidden away in a drawer I think. They somehow got in and found the keys while three people were asleep upstairs! At least no one came face to face with them. On the bright side, at least no body got injured!

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
if you have a gt-r sleep with the keys under your pillow.

No way that I am ever going to put the keys in the drawer.

·
Registered
600 Posts
if you have a gt-r sleep with the keys under your pillow.

No way that I am ever going to put the keys in the drawer.

So your ll wake up to find a shotgun in your face and being asked for the keys in a less than polite manner- or worse they threaten your family- your ll be wishing you left them in the draw downstairs at that point believe me.

The MO of these people usually revolves around being very aggressive and violent, because it usually creates compliance with victims, who at 3am are half asleep and don't know which way is up.

I m plenty qualified on this subject from a preventative aspect.

J.

·
Registered
134 Posts
So your ll wake up to find a shotgun in your face and being asked for the keys in a less than polite manner- or worse they threaten your family- your ll be wishing you left them in the draw downstairs at that point believe me.

The MO of these people usually revolves around being very aggressive and violent, because it usually creates compliance with victims, who at 3am are half asleep and don't know which way is up.
Agreed. There have been some pretty nasty Audi RS thefts.

They can have the car over mentally/physically scaring my family any day.

Once the car's gone, a lot of people don't want it back.

·
Super Moderator
15,883 Posts
At least nobody was hurt! High value car like that will have new plates or be in bits by now I suspect.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Agreed. There have been some pretty nasty Audi RS thefts.

They can have the car over mentally/physically scaring my family any day.

Once the car's gone, a lot of people don't want it back.

I think there are a few notable examples of theft by house breaking for most prestige/sought after cars- I can think of 1 or 2.

In this case, it's fortunate that no one awoke or was injured.

J.

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
garaged is the best thing and don't let anyone know you have the car.

most times are people who know you very well who will steal from you.

·
Registered
5,268 Posts
Litchfields do a anti highjack that means the car can go say half a mile before it engages, for around 150quid its worth it!

I have one and tracker anyway. Somebody on her got the police to catch the group that stole his car 4 years ago with a tracker so they work too....

We should all have this and they will stop stealing them!

think of our insurance premiums

·
Premium Member
3,332 Posts
Litchfields do a anti highjack that means the car can go say half a mile before it engages, for around 150quid its worth it!

I have one and tracker anyway. Somebody on her got the police to catch the group that stole his car 4 years ago with a tracker so they work too....

We should all have this and they will stop stealing them!

think of our insurance premiums
theft map flash would already help.

if they point a weapon to you just deny and say car has issues.

·
Premium Member
7,640 Posts
Yep, Autowatch antihijack and Tracker for me.

Sorry to hear about your Pa's car btw.

·
Premium Member
8,019 Posts
Shame to hear. :(
Bit surprised on the no tracker, but like most things it's up to the owner.

I'd much rather the keys were stolen than someone hurt or threatened my family, so the important thing is everyone is OK.
Even if the police have no way of finding it, it can still be replaced. A person can't.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
hey James hope all is well mate?

to the OP sorry to hear about your loss, and hope you get the car back in a decent state, however looks very unlikely as those boys out in Bradford are lethal!!

the only thing i can suggest is to tracker a car such as the GTR and defo look into having your house alarmed as well.

·
Registered
600 Posts
hey James hope all is well mate?

to the OP sorry to hear about your loss, and hope you get the car back in a decent state, however looks very unlikely as those boys out in Bradford are lethal!!

the only thing i can suggest is to tracker a car such as the GTR and defo look into having your house alarmed as well.

Alright buddy what's good?! I been in sunnier climates got abit of a tan come back here and it's abit brass!

J.

·
Registered
376 Posts
Julien - sorry to hear this, hope the little gits get caught and strung up - as for the car I suspect its either in bits or already out of the country/in a container somewhere.....

do you know anyone who might be suspected?

Normally people who know your father very well does this kind of jobs.
Some classic insight there Enshiu, where do you get this info from? This type of job is "normally" done by an organised group, stealing to order, who have had the place under surveillance after following the car home. Nothing whatsoever to do with people who know the family!

1 - 20 of 73 Posts