GTR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey a guy i know is parting out an r34 gtr, which is rare in canada where i am from. i was wondering what parts i should purchase for an r32 gtr, ie seats, rims, computer engine etc?

·
Registered
366 Posts
Dude. Seriously? How did they get a R34 into Canada... Can i have the brakes? lol!

·
Registered
107 Posts
im going to be having an R34 front-cut shipped to Canada shortly. its not hard to do.

heres a list of parts im going to be looting:

- R34 power-steering pump (if youve removed Hicas on your R32, this is a huge help, because the R34 Hicas didnt use Powersteering, so this pump doesnt have the output for the rear rack)

- R34 tranny (our 1989-1991 trannys in canada are starting to fail in the test-of-time, spare tranny is a huge credit)

- Brakes (theyre brembos, but youll need 17" wheels)

- Engine? (its got a few advantages over the early R32 engine, one being: an oil drive collar that doesnt fail)

- Front LSD (the R32 had an open-diff in the front, the R34 has a 1-way LSD. and it isnt part of the ETS system, like the rear Diff is on the R34, so no fooling around with computers and wiring).

if you take the 6-speed tranny, you will also need the front driveshaft, and the front-half of the rear driveshaft (its made in 2 pieces).

im also going to be looking at the Intercooler from my front-cut, i hear it is an upgrade from the R32, ill see if thats right.

i wonder if the ABS pump is easy to swap over... its a 4-wheel independant ABS system. the R32 had the front 2 wheels independant, but the rear wheels shared a channel.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts