GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody used the -19mm H&R lowering springs for the R35? And are there any H&R dealers on the forum at all?

For clarity, there seem to be two different sets of H&R available. One lowers the car 30mm front and back, they are the ones Sinth is selling in the for sale section at present. Look great but too low for me, and I know camber settings can be problematic if you lower more than 20mm

The ones I am looking at lower the car by 19mm front and back. Just wondering how the ride is on these?

I know most people seem to have Eibachs but they lower the front more and leave the back a little bit higher as far as I can see, so looking for alternatives around the same price (£280ish) and these H&R look like they give the right drop.

·
Registered
257 Posts
I've just recently bought the 30mm ones and it has lowered the car quite a lot, i'm doing the tracking on Thursday if you want me to let you know how the camber settings are?? Only thing i notice more now is that the wheels fit right in the arch so spacers or aftermarket wheels are needed to make it look better.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Jamie, will ask Jurgen about them.

TimmayK - yeah let me know how you get on with tracking, I was looking at the -19mm H&Rs instead of the -30mm as I've read that the alignment can't be brought into specification once you lower past 20mm so it will have a lot of negative camber and therefore result in more wear on inside of tyres than usual. I'd be interested to know what the outcome of the alignment on yours is as the 30mm do look good!

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
Ryan has the -30mm H&R's on his car, looks nice but I found the ride a little harsh when compared to the eibach springs on my car.

·
Registered
683 Posts
I ran these springs for well over a year and I never had uneven tyre wear . if you go to a reputable place to get your alignment done you should have no problem.

·
Registered
257 Posts
LAT the cars at the detailers so no pic's as i dropped it off late last Thursday night and was filthy, getting it back Wednesday night so will have a lot of pic's from after the detail if that helps?

·
Registered
257 Posts
certainly does, i'll get some better photos when i pick it up Wednesday for you unless the detailer posts anymore pictures on facebook.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts