GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone converted there dip beam to H1 HID conversion. (R33)

Using a coversion plug in kit, not stripping and replacing bits in the headlamp.

If so where did you get your kit from ??? and was it worth it ???

Thanx nad best regards Alan

·
Registered
412 Posts
I did so using the OEM kit... its cool as shit. Course it takes FOREVER to do as you are SUPPOSED to remove the bumper and I wanted to be hard headed... but definetly worth it.

-Sayajin

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I,ve seen some kits for around £140 and the ballasts have all the same ratings on them as the website you suggested. Can you go into a little more depth about the quality of ballasts, surely they are allmost al the same.

Best regards Alan

·
Banned
907 Posts
I got mine from ebay....Honk Kong...
And I am very very pleased with them, and for less than 90quid delivered all up, motorist shops round here want 160-200quid for the exact same kit with a different lable on!
I'll find the seller for you, the kits seem all pretty similar, anyway these ones are good quality with good OEM style conectors, I'm impressed.
eBay.co.uk: XENON HID CONVERSION KIT H1 H4 H7 H11 9005 9006 9007 (item 330066130732 end time 28-Dec-06 19:01:37 GMT)
I hope that saves you some money.
Andy.

·
Administrator
31,883 Posts
I,ve seen some kits for around £140 and the ballasts have all the same ratings on them as the website you suggested. Can you go into a little more depth about the quality of ballasts, surely they are allmost al the same.

Best regards Alan
its not so much trating, as quality

like many other things the actual quality of manufacture is important

but

if someone on here has a £90 set and rates them, i'd buy them!

mook

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Does anyone know if there's a kit where you could setup each headlamp (the left & the right) so you can direct the beam up and down and left and right... as this would be useful to get if someone wants to export his Skyline to a LHD country
Anyone knows by any chance please?

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Think you should wait till you are back in Dubai see what we have around here am sure I have seen many around

·
Registered
3,104 Posts
Alan, if I remember well, Kelvin degrees work like this: the higher the cooler
Therefore your kit at 8000K degrees will be cooler (more blueish) than Andy's one at 6000K

·
Registered
6,091 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I have tried 100w bulbs in the 33, its better but not anything like HID so thought I would ask a question,
I have asked an MOT station and they have said the cheaper kits have incorrect lenth bulbs which positions the center of light incorrectly compared to the reflector hance not projecting a beam.
So just trying to get info myself. :cool:

Best regards Alan

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
alright will pass by tomorow to some shops n see what they have around the same specs as the one above,, dont think its gonna be as expensive thou

1 - 20 of 35 Posts