GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

I went to the Ring with a friend. As he did not have experience on the Ring, and neither did I, I contacted a garage just next to the entrance.

The garage is called RSR and I arranged for:
* Car check (fluids, brakes, tires, etc)
* Have them co-pilot to help us learn the track
* Tickets for the Ring

and we did a Eifel Drive and Track walk to see the neighborhood.
All that came in at a reasonable price. The walk we wont do again, but the service and co-pilot where of great value.

For anybody wanting to have a visit and a great time I would recommend them strongly.

Languages: Dutch, English, German

So we had a great time and I loved driving on the Ring.
Very challenging to get the line, but oooooh, so much fun! :clap::clap:

GTR-AMGatRSR | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Casper , can i ask how much the car check was pls..
Sure ... GTR check was 60€, and that included a top-up ...
For the AMG it was 50€, no top-up needed as it came out of regular maintenance the week before.

Checked:
* All fluids
* Tires
* Disks and pads
* General state of vehicule

Really great people. Ferrari, Pagani and other also work with them.
They also rent RHD + LHD Lotus Exige S, Porsche GT3, M3, etc
Specialized in RHD customers (UK, Australia, Japan, HongKong, ...)
The german car magazine GRIP lets cars also check by them before going out.

Co-Driver is about 50€ for an hour i think, see web page below:
Car Hire | Sports Race Car Rental | Luxury Car Rental | Nurburgring | Nordschleife | Hockenheim | Lotus Car Hire | Driver Training

·
Registered
62 Posts
My friend is a close buddy or Ron Simons who owns RSR. They have a top quality workshop and it's just around the corner from the entrance. I would definitely recommend them for their knowledge of the ring. :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
My friend is a close buddy or Ron Simons who owns RSR. They have a top quality workshop and it's just around the corner from the entrance. I would definitely recommend them for their knowledge of the ring. :)

Have dealt with ron in the past, top bloke

·
Registered
245 Posts
Top guys and if they cant help they certainly know a man who can, highly recommended and very knowledgable. They've helped us out sourcing parts on a number of ocassions :thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nice one Casper this is something that's on my 101 things to do before I die :thumbsup:

It's good to know that professional tuition and support is available at a reasonable cost..

Once my car is built, the Nurburgring is the first stop after Santa pod :flame:

·
Banned
2,230 Posts
Alex, as good as RSR might be, I'd speak to Colin and Jo at CATDT. They can arrange tuition at millbrook AND the Ring and they've got huge amounts of GTR experience. Lovely people too

Mook

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
Just returned from a couple of days at the Nurburgring. First time ever out there and decided to use RSR Nurburg... top people, good service, very conveniently placed. Hired an R26R Megane RHD from them. Which was amazingly quick (semi slicks included) round there when driven properly (not by me, but on a hot lap!). We had a Vbox fitted too and took internal/external and telemetry DVD's home
Sun pm was TF and slashed down with rain, how slippy / scary was that for your first time out! but certainly taught you respect. Nutters on bikes and in camper vans ended up littering the armco.
Mon was a trackday.de day, unbelievable amount of top cars there (every other being a GT3RS btw) and great weather - I can honestly say it was the best driving experience to date for me and my lads.
Must now take the GTR, will certainly in 2012 so will be looking for GTROC organised events (or CATDT).
For anyone not yet gone there, you would be very well advised to do a hundred or so laps on Gran Turismo 5 first. Not that you get the cambers or elevation change feeling, but the directions the corners go and what follows them is essential knowledge to go fast... it was the reason YoungBob kicked my butt big style time wise (he's done thousands of laps on the PS3...or so I'm claiming ;-) he did manage one lap less than 9mins in his first ever 6 laps which wasn't too shabby though.
Anyway great experience and RSR were well worth it

·
Registered
196 Posts
+1 what Mook said re CATDT

The CATDT trip is a permanent fixture in my calendar .. this years trip was EPIC!!!
Colins tuition and Jo's organizational skills are second to none , plus the group has a great social side and there is always a great mix of old and new faces .
Cant wait for the next one!!

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
+1 what Mook said re CATDT

The CATDT trip is a permanent fixture in my calendar .. this years trip was EPIC!!!
Colins tuition and Jo's organizational skills are second to none , plus the group has a great social side and there is always a great mix of old and new faces .
Cant wait for the next one!!
+1 on what James said :)

·
Premium Member
2,951 Posts
CATDT should be mandatory for all GTR owners that want to track the car or even exploit its potential.

I will need to get my next booster jab next year.

By far the best driver training I have ever had:D

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
When will Ring CatDT dates for next year be released?

·
Registered
196 Posts
Also keep an eye on DestinationNurburgring.com as they run the Day(s)
:)

1 - 20 of 34 Posts