GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had a a play with a Ferrari 360 today,on the track of course!

We were side by side and YES he was trying before you say anything!!:rolleyes: He backed off at 120.:chairshot
Very pleased with the work done by Abbey recently.:bowdown1:

1.2 Bar
Hks Gtss turbos
660 injectors and cams.

460 Bhp..:cool:

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
gtr mart said:
well done bud. Bet the ferrari driver didnt know what happened.

As dropped it into 4th and shot past,there was a look of shock from the driver:bawling: :sadwavey:

·
6,817 Posts
TREG said:
As dropped it into 4th and shot past,there was a look of shock from the driver:bawling: :sadwavey:
You need digital cameras in thoses moments . . . lol

·
Registered
243 Posts
Digital Cam? Hell no! You need one of those thousand pounds worth of camera recording equipement for these moments!

Instantly replay goodness.

·
Registered
65 Posts
if you had got any higher in the speed stakes the aeros would have taken over! 360 is a very slippery car with some great aerodynamics and he would have reeled you in then licked you!

the GTR is a brick!

I had a play with a 360 on the M4 once. was running well over 450 bhp at time. got to 140 and he just slipped away!

he was well up for it too so fair play to him.
bet the 360 would get all the f4nny though if you pulled up at the pub ;-)

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Das Chin said:
if you had got any higher in the speed stakes the aeros would have taken over! 360 is a very slippery car with some great aerodynamics and he would have reeled you in then licked you!

the GTR is a brick!

I had a play with a 360 on the M4 once. was running well over 450 bhp at time. got to 140 and he just slipped away!

he was well up for it too so fair play to him.
bet the 360 would get all the f4nny though if you pulled up at the pub ;-)

Maybe mate,but on todays busy roads top end speed would not apply.:wavey:

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Das Chin said:
fair enough. must have been a lfairly ong road though to hit 120!!

Sure,but there were other drivers,on the same track.
Iv driven a 360 on a track day in march myself.Nice cars,but I wouldnt want one.:rolleyes: An Aston Martin however:clap:

·
Registered
365 Posts
Das Chin said:
fair enough. must have been a lfairly ong road though to hit 120!!

I know which I would rather be in though!!
120 doesnt need a long road in a 460bhp skyline. my standard gtr gets there really quick so with an extra 180bhp on top i can only imagine it being really really quick.

i drove a 360 round Rockingham and didnt keep it too slow but was expecting more of a jump in performance between that and my R32, wasnt too impressed by the ferrari....... was still very happy to drive the skyline the 200mile trip home anyday :)

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
stealth said:
Yeah and there would be a Cnut in the 360 more than likely too.

:clap: LOL:clap: :chairshot

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
R32 Combat said:
What was the cornering like???

Like a dream Andy,kept my foot down and there was no movement from the Gtr.
The 360 had slowed up well before that point.:p

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
bomberGTR said:
120 doesnt need a long road in a 460bhp skyline. my standard gtr gets there really quick so with an extra 180bhp on top i can only imagine it being really really quick.

i drove a 360 round Rockingham and didnt keep it too slow but was expecting more of a jump in performance between that and my R32, wasnt too impressed by the ferrari....... was still very happy to drive the skyline the 200mile trip home anyday :)

Your quite right,at will pull to a ton in no time-460bhp is enough for now!
I to was not impressed with the 360 when I drove it.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,056 Posts
Steve,

I've never been against a 360 so would like to know how they compare. If you don't mind, could you describe the difference?

eg, "started at 70 in 3rd, floored it and by the time I redlined it I had caught up 2 car lengths, etc etc"

·
R35 Section manager
10,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
kingsley said:
Steve,

I've never been against a 360 so would like to know how they compare. If you don't mind, could you describe the difference?

eg, "started at 70 in 3rd, floored it and by the time I redlined it I had caught up 2 car lengths, etc etc"

To be honest Kingsley,all I was doing was looking forward and making sure the Ferrari wasnt going to pull out!
2nd & 3rd gear pretty much matched the 360,it was when 4th was used and the slight curve in the road things seemed to happen!:sadwavey: :clap:

·
Registered
1,818 Posts
I gave a friend of mine a lift in the GTR33 I had at the time with about 410 at the hubs and he buys and sells Ferraris, his opinion was that my 33 accelerated faster than the 360 and cornered better. Cant say about top speed though, mine certainly slowed after about 120mph but another 50bhp would help.
But in the end what can you do with a Ferrari? to improve it I mean, there's not a lot and what there is will cost an arm and a leg

1 - 20 of 20 Posts