GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Forgot to throw these pics up, only thought of it the other day so here they are. Got my 34 mapped by Apexi Engineer Imamura San. He was flown over from the land of the rising sun. Fairly cool knowing someone as cool as an apexi engineer has mapped your car :)

UP from a stock ECU figure of 367 HP and 287 ftlb torque
to :> 455 HP , 372 ftlb flywheel torque

Anyway here are a few pics

·
Premium Member
8,829 Posts
wow !!!

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ECU he mapped was Apexi Power FC

It was seeing if there was enough interest for him to map some cars here so he came over and mapped a few cars. Was about 700 euros iirc, will dig out receipts later to check his the mapping costs.

Not a big fan of leaving anyone in ireland work on my car really if im been totally honest, too many stories going around.

·
Registered
731 Posts
700 euro................Did that include the supply and fitment of the Apexi Power FC,and then mapping it?
I wouldn't say so. Most charge £500-£600 here. Remember it's an Apexi engineer so he must know the ECU inside out, I hope :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The ecu , commander and apexi boost controller was bought seperately before mapping.
Like i said i will dig out the receipt to see the exact price. The guy was flown over from japan so his flights / hotel / mapping is all included in that price, he was not coming to ireland to check out the find weather and then map a few cars out of the goodness of his heart

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I wouldn't say so. Most charge £500-£600 here. Remember it's an Apexi engineer so he must know the ECU inside out, I hope :)

Thats exactly what people have been saying, the ecu probably has the best map it could possibly get seeing an an apexi engineer mapped it :)

Could possibly organise another visit by him if there was some interest .....

·
Registered
885 Posts
I think that they saw you comming when it was 700 euro just to be mapped.Should be more like 450-500 euro,as thats the going rate from 2 other extremely good Apexi tuners and mappers in Ireland.

700 is way too much,even if Jesus himself was to come and map it for you.

Anyway,good luck with the car.

·
Registered
749 Posts
ECU he mapped was Apexi Power FC

It was seeing if there was enough interest for him to map some cars here so he came over and mapped a few cars. Was about 700 euros iirc, will dig out receipts later to check his the mapping costs.

Not a big fan of leaving anyone in ireland work on my car really if im been totally honest, too many stories going around.
€700 is not bad for piece of mind and knowing that your car isnt going to be driving a dog after the map(speaking from experience)!i paid €500 to a ''reputable'' irish tuner for this! Money wasted!

·
Registered
25,945 Posts
its about right on the price front

piece of mind i suppose too...

hell if he was over here i think id have mine done

very few places you can trust these days :)

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
@ Slacker - couldnt have said it better, would not give my car to no one in ireland, nothing but monkeys

@ irish gtr, i already told you that i will dig out exactly how much the car mapped i think off top of my head it was 700 but i will double check, and this involved the ecu been fitted and the apexi boost solenoid all been connected up

·
Registered
889 Posts
Shane, I aggre with matty32 on this. The price is right and this is definitely something i will consider doing myself:thumbsup:
All the best of luck with your 34.

Irish GTR, Maybe you should tell the other forum users who supplies, fits and then mapping a Power Fc for 700 euro?:rolleyes: Because i find that price very hard to believe.

Terje.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts