GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I could not find many sets of after market wheels I liked other than the Zele ones which I thought we a bit expensive so I got my wheels painted in 2 pack gloss black.

Sorry about the naff photography but I did these with the wifes point and click whilst I was cleaning it today. The pictures do not do it justice and they look really good in the flesh.

I think they have come out really well.

Kp

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As I said the photos do not give the full effect of the black - I did not do it for anyone else I did it for myself and for two reasons.

The first is that I like the black effect of the Zele rims but do not want to spend 3K on a set of wheels and I still think the Nissan design is nicer. The second is the Nissan paint on the wheels is arse and as I had a couple of curb marks on the wheels I killed two birds with one stone.

Kp

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
I had all four rims done and 2 needed refurbing for 350 sheets all in.

The blower is used to dry the car for two reasons - one is it blows the water off and makes drying easier in cold weather and gets all the water out of the light clusters and stuff. Second reason is the less you have to touch the paint the better - it is also awesome for drying wheels so you dont get those rusty drips from the brakes - £43 from Robert Dyers - one of the best things in the world for drying the car.

The Bridgestones are awesome - would never buy the Dunplops again as they are rubbish in the wet and seem to be good for the summer only the Bridgies seem to be very good all year round tyrers. The tread pattern seems to be a deeper and wider cut and looks like it will dispel water more effectively.

Kp

·
Premium Member
7,635 Posts
Look great buddy, and the price is a steal!

Very glad you like the Bridgies as I've just ordered a set from Kwik Fit for £1030, part of their January 25% off sale.

Happy days!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Look great buddy, and the price is a steal!

Very glad you like the Bridgies as I've just ordered a set from Kwik Fit for £1030, part of their January 25% off sale.

Happy days!
Yeah, I picked my tyres up today and the guy in Kwik fit asked when I was bringing it to get them fitted...........how do you politely say, 'you must be f**king joking mate'?

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yeah, I picked my tyres up today and the guy in Kwik fit asked when I was bringing it to get them fitted...........how do you politely say, 'you must be f**king joking mate'?
LOL - I think you just said it best - Straight and to the point GTFOOH

Kp

·
Registered
2,710 Posts
PMSL :chuckle:

·
Registered
300 Posts
Very nice

hope to find this kind of shop around my town

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
I'm lovin it.....when i finally kerb them i want a PM with details of your painter.....top stuff IMHO:thumbsup:

·
Registered
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Westovers did not paint them but they did get someone to do it and they were very particular about it as well. They made them do two of the wheels again as they felt they were not perfect. Gerard and Darren ispected thewhhels before they had even been fitted to the car.

Top service as always from the boys as I have come to expect.

Kp

1 - 20 of 57 Posts