GTR Forum banner
1 - 20 of 75 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
Here I have a 1972 Nissan Skyline 2000GT.
The plan is to stick an RB26 engine along with the 5 speed gearbox. The rb26 will have single turbo. Also will try to transfer the 4x4 system as well.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
175 Posts
That looks awesome and sounds like an awesome build :) Will be watching this for sure :)

Best of luck with it bud!

Mike

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Will be interesting to see how you go about fitting the 4WD system

·
Registered
3,517 Posts
Subscribed!

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Yes!
:thumbsup:
Bob

·
Registered
856 Posts
Devil's Advocate...

Also will try to transfer the 4x4 system as well.
Please don't take this the wrong way, but can I ask, why...?

I know a lot of people will encourage you, but what's the point? There's a reason why you don't see many C10-series Skylines with the full ATTESA-ETS system installed and that's because it is difficult to re-package well enough to use it properly, usually results in the car looking like some kind of gothic monstrosity and the 'shell needs so much strengthening. In fact the 'shells on these cars are so flexible that they often act as the 'fifth spring' in the system.

RB and C-'box transplants are nothing new and can work well if the 'shell is strengthened to cope with them, but I just don't see the reasoning behind the full 4wd transplant. It might sound good on paper and it gives you a better chance of winning Top Trumps, but think it's more trouble than it's worth.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Please don't take this the wrong way, but can I ask, why...?

I know a lot of people will encourage you, but what's the point? There's a reason why you don't see many C10-series Skylines with the full ATTESA-ETS system installed and that's because it is difficult to re-package well enough to use it properly, usually results in the car looking like some kind of gothic monstrosity and the 'shell needs so much strengthening. In fact the 'shells on these cars are so flexible that they often act as the 'fifth spring' in the system.

RB and C-'box transplants are nothing new and can work well if the 'shell is strengthened to cope with them, but I just don't see the reasoning behind the full 4wd transplant. It might sound good on paper and it gives you a better chance of winning Top Trumps, but think it's more trouble than it's worth.
Will be running around 500bhp, so the best option was to take the 4x4 system from an r33 to cope with the power.
You are right that it will not look right, the body will not cope with the extra horses. Its a project & we will try the best to keep it as original as possible from the exterior.

1 - 20 of 75 Posts