GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here made over 530 ps with a Haltech plat pro?

The tuner that tuned the car said the engine/turbos had more power to give, but the Haltech limited the power to 530. He claimed he ran out of cells. He is a well respected tuner, but has never work with a Haltech before.

I'm relatively new to tuning but I did I fair amount of research before I bought the platinum pro. I should have no problem maxing out the turbo's.

Is there any merit to what this guy is saying?

2.6l fresh oem rebuild
Head: mild port polish supertech valve train w/ pon cam b's
Haltech plat pro 3bar map sensor
HKS hard pipes/ IC
HKs 2530's
ID 1000's

I would think the turbo's would be the choke point as far as making power.
Thoughts / comments?

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Yes, +600hbp on mine and will be even more with the new setup ;)

Sorry but if your tuner says this he has no idea about Haltech :chuckle:

Plenty of high power GTR's in AUS and all over the world a running Haltech Platinum Pro ECU's and making lots more than this :thumbsup:

Maybe a stupid question, but why did you go for Haltech when there's nobody around you to do a proper mapping??

Anyway, the ECU is definitely not your limiting factor...

...maybe it's some mechanical components or the mapping.

Are you sure you're also using the 3 bar Map sensor??

Check your ECU if there's no hose attached to it, as there's a 1.5 bar Map sensor built in the ECU.

Also which boost solenoid are you running??

Cheers,

Leo

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, +600hbp on mine and will be even more with the new setup ;)

Sorry but if your tuner says this he has no idea about Haltech :chuckle:

Plenty of high power GTR's in AUS and all over the world a running Haltech Platinum Pro ECU's and making lots more than this :thumbsup:

Maybe a stupid question, but why did you go for Haltech when there's nobody around you to do a proper mapping??

Anyway, the ECU is definitely not your limiting factor...

...maybe it's some mechanical components or the mapping.

Are you sure you're also using the 3 bar Map sensor??

Check your ECU if there's no hose attached to it, as there's a 1.5 bar Map sensor built in the ECU.

Also which boost solenoid are you running??

Cheers,

Leo
Leo,

I went with Haltech because I thought it to be the most capable ecu for the money. I'll be shipping the car to the East coast of the US in a few months, many more Haltech tuners there. 100% sure the 3bar sensor is connected. I'm using an HKS EVC 5. He told me "no problem" when I asked if can tune a Haltech, so I assumed he could. I have no real complaints about the tune. rough starts some times, otherwise ok. I'm sure a good road tune would help gain some more drivability. He said the Haltech was as good as an E-manage.

Forgot to mention 530 ps was made @1.3 bar.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Why are you using an HKS EVC when this all can be done by the Haltech??

Honestly I had an HKS EVC installed first too, but ditched it after the first mapping day as it gave some issues...

...went then with the Haltech solenoid directly controlled by the ECU and since then no more boost issues.

And sorry, but an E-manage is a better piggy back ECU and can nowhere near be compared to a Haltech Platinum Pro...

...I'm sure you'll see better results on your car once it's propperly tuned by someone who's familiar with the Haltech ECU :)

Cheers,

Leo

·
Registered
871 Posts
I'm with Leo, I had a terrible MS2 boost controller, but most modern ECU's can take the feed and control the boost direct from the solenoid. So the EVC 5 may be giving you the issues?

·
Registered
4,586 Posts
It won't be the ECU.....

·
Registered
439 Posts
Probably the cells were divided to fine and therefore Your tuner run out of them but I really can't see why this is, as Haltech has 32x32 cells and You must really work hard to fill all of them :)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks guys, I think he was just used to V con pro's and power FC's, and made an excuse for not being able to hit the 600 hp goal I asked for.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
Wow, there are some really bad tuners out there!
The platinum pro is a really good ecu, waaaaay better than e-manage.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts