GTR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi has anyone had the problem of there handbrake light staying on when the handbrake is of.Mine has just developed this problem the car is a r32 gtr

·
Premium Member
3,838 Posts
It is also the brake fluid level warning light - so check your pads and fluid.

The handbrake switch is easy to get to by removing the centre arm rest trim.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The car now seems to have developed more problems.Took it out tonight pulled up to park the idle went lumpy bouncing between a 1000rpm and 2000rpm.Then on the way home went round a long bend not at speed and the car just cut out pulled over and started it it started straight away.Could all these problems be linked

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Limp mode maybe?

·
Registered
546 Posts
My light comes on whether brake or clutch fluid low.

Other issue sounds like an AFM to me - I had the same thing happen.

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Stupid me turns out the handbrake light was low fluid.As for the other problem it keeps happening poodling along at 50mph al of a sudden feels like somone has put the brakes on and the engine goes to die unless you drop it down to a lower gear then it goes like normal again

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Does sound like it could be AFM's well my old R33 GTR was like that when my AFM's were knackered anyways.
;)
bob

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do you no if there is anyway of testing the afms to see if they are faulty dont want to get some more if i dont need to

·
Registered
5,726 Posts
Ive got an old spare one you could try, not sure if its working 100% but might be worth trying?
Its at my folks place but i could post it out to you next week if you want?
;)
bob

·
Registered
429 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thats very good of you mate im guna take it out again this weekend.If it is still mucking about i might have to take you up on the offer:thumbsup:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts