GTR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I though I better mention this before the day was out. :rolleyes: ;)

There we were at 11am 2003 at the Skyline Sheraton Hotel at Heathrow, (Me, Fuggles, Cem, Booty-licious, Guy, Peter and Shin), all there with the intent on setting up the first UK GT-R Owners Club, one linked and backed by the GTROC in Japan and Nissan JP themselves.

After hammering out how it was all going to work and who was going to do what, I remember driving back home around a sunny winter M25 chuckling and grinning to myself that the GTROC had been formed! I have only been like that once since, in 2007 when I returned from hospital after seeing my son born. :)

It was a proud occasion and will always stay with me. :)

Anyway, Happy 7th Birthday GTROC, and I wish you many many more as you grow from strength to strength. :smokin: :bowdown1::bowdown1:

·
Registered
5,806 Posts
Happy Birthday GTROC!!

Gosh Scott was it that long ago....:eek: Look at what we started and what it has become :D

Hugs to you and yours - Happy New Year matey!

Me and mine

xxx

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
happy birthday gtroc:bowdown1:

scott i was wondering if there was a thread detailing anymore history of the club?? it would make an interesting read.

kev

·
Registered
2,061 Posts
Wow that was a while ago. :)

BTW has my GTROC membership lapsed? I looked on the renewal list thread and my slot 002 was blank.

Guy

·
Registered
94 Posts
Happy Birthday!
Very impressed with the club stands at the events we were competing at ..... Very impressed with the club itself and the forum....
so impressed me and 2 Black Lines are in the throes of joining.

Many more birthdays ahead! :)

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
happy birthday GTROC:bowdown1:

Scott I was wondering if there was a thread detailing anymore history of the club?? it would make an interesting read.

kev

Kev,

I have been meaning to write the clubs early history for a few years now, before details start to fade. Fuggles did write a brief account which appeared in an early copy of Sky Lines, but I don't know which.

Wow that was a while ago. :)

BTW has my GTROC membership lapsed? I looked on the renewal list thread and my slot 002 was blank.

Guy
You expired on the 24th Oct Guy. :(

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
Yup, prior history was me, Rob Gun, David Yu, Nick Paddy, Tim Milne, Joss Elliot as an "official unofficial club". I still have the lsit of original "GTROC" owners at home when David suggested that I become event organiser !!

·
Registered
26,315 Posts
I think there is a difference betweeen the GTR Register - which still exists today and is the single key resource for the GTR Owners Club and the GTROC itself. Whilst the idea of a history of the GTROC would be a good idea - and I can brush off some old documents I have as well - a history of the GTR Register, The Forum and (while we're at it) The Group B Car Club are all very interesting in themselves and perhaps some history of them also would be good.

I will try and have something ready to celebrate our 7th Anniversary later this year :)

·
Premium Member
8,824 Posts
I was going to save it untill the 10th year !! LOL

I still have all the Group B car club mags as well !!!

·
GTROC Co-Founder.
6,563 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Steve,

I think what Fuggles is alluding to is this GTROC has nothing to do with the Group B/Joss Ellis/Yu Register days, (was around then too see?).

In actual fact the name GTROC never existed until the meeting I mentioned which happened 7 years ago. There was nothing official back then, and certainly nothing in the eyes of Nissan. :(

1 - 20 of 29 Posts