GTR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

Would like to wish every one a fantastic Xmas & New Year !!!!

Please do take it easy and drive safely, a number of R35's were crashed last winter (we know as we supplied the replacment parts!) and this year a lot of you have way more power ;)

Would like to thank everyone for the amazing support in the Golden period of the new EDM GT-R

Too many great guys out there but would like to give special mention for Dave Yu, John Hatton, Jurgen, ScottyB, Rich GT, andy aka charles charlie, Alex, Jonas, Jan Kilslik, Lars, Phillipe, Bruce, Kevan, shipsly, Victor Le, Pepe, Farooq, Marco for sharing the same GT-R passion and obsession we have, & help make this place a bit more exciting :D

Things to look forward to in 2010:

1. People using the W word less :clap:
2. aftermarket to further look after the GT-R over OEM prices
3. GTC Light kit V2 - lower priced :D
4. GTC Full Carbon range
5. Cobb AccessPORT John Banks major developments - air/fuel calculations, tcm control + more. all for big power
6. 700hp + Turbo kits
7. Transmission and engine cooling
8. Inconel downpipes
9. Trans upgrades
10. Total stock GT-R running a 10.* run with just remap

Our 35 is currently off road for December/Jan, but if your in the area come check her out at the Autosport show @ NEC Jan 14th-17th.

Sneek peek of UK GT-R Turbo's CNC machined in UK for 700hp +

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok more pics and info on turbo kit...

sneek peek Pics of modified Euro spec GT-R turbo's that will soon become part of a GTC power package

For those who didn't know there appears to be some differences from US/JDM/EURO Turbo's one being casting, also Euro spec turbo inlet pipe doesn't fit the US turbo (hits the block)

We won't be offering this turbo upgrade until Thistle's new developments (air/fuel/ign caluations, injector scaling etc...) have been implented into the accesstuner pro software and hopfully Joe's work on TCM will have neared completion.

Here are the pics of modified UK spec R35 GT-R Turbo's. Not from our 35 demo car yet (as its currently being used for cooling r&d) but GTC dealer Kevan SVM.

Machined in the UK, OEM turbine and compressor housings GT-R ball bearings turbocharger upgrade

*BALL BEARING IHI CENTRE CORES WITH MACHINED OEM HOUSING (FACTORY LIKE FITMENT, USING ALL STOCK FEEDS /WATER AND OIL LINES. BOLTS UP TO STOCK PIPING AND INTAKE FOR EASY INSTALL)

*LARGER COMPRESSORS

Wheel sizes.....Original Comp in 43.4mm ex 56mm Turb in 53mm ex 40mm
Hybrid Comp in 46.5mm ex 60mm Turb in 53mm ex 47.8mm
So you can see the hybrid comp is 4mm bigger and turbine is 7mm bigger. (Also notice some US quote comp wheel std 42mm, USDM/JDM possibly smaller)

*LARGER TURBINES , EXHAUST WHEELS TO REDUCE BACK PRESSURE..

The ultimate power upgrade for any GT-R, these brand new turbos feature fully dynamic precision ball-bearing core assemblies to dramatically reduce spool-up time and give maximum airflow.
The fully machined and flow ported turbine housing and manifold assembly reduces exhaust back pressure and maximise gas flow, whilst retaining the original mounting points making the turbo a direct swap for the standard unit.
The modified compressor housing is mated with a larger, high-flow compressor wheel which is specifically developed to give maximum bhp and torque with minimum lag.
The uprated actuators feature an increased spring preload and durable, heavy duty mounting brackets.

We believe these units will support 750bhp + (depending on boost and fuel RON) with very little lag. Full dyno and drag testing will follow in new year....

·
Registered
159 Posts
Ben are you trying to get me divorced? I prommised the wife that I wouldn't tune my R35!

One question, does the engine have to come out to change the turbo's?

PS - Perhaps she wouldn't notice the new turbo's

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ben are you trying to get me divorced? I prommised the wife that I wouldn't tune my R35!

One question, does the engine have to come out to change the turbo's?

PS - Perhaps she wouldn't notice the new turbo's

Hi,

yes indeed engine out. Used in combo with 800-950cc injectors, cooling modifications, set up calibration. VR limit is close to 600hp, so forged internals, head gasket etc.. recommended. we'll be finding this all out on our own car first of course.

Funnily enough these modified oem turbo's are very stealth, appears just like normal burried deep down, so your missus and maybe even HPC wouldn't notice ;)

Manifolds being coated tomorrow and back in engine over weekend

CNC machined turbo's for 700+ won't cost more than 2,900

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
Merry Christmas fella, hope to see you & your creations at the ACE next year ... now all you need to send me is Shanna under me tree!

·
Premium Member
5,031 Posts
First off, Merry Christmas to you and the GTC crew Ben. Thanks for making R35 GT-R ownership much more fun than I imagined it would be and (so far) a lot cheaper than my Skyline GT-R experience!

However, with your latest developments, I fear that might all change.

Be interesting to see how the plasma-sprayed bores hold up at 750hp!

As one of the few people in the UK who's driven an R35 with similar power, I can tell you all the amazing thing is, it feels completely natural, as if the engine and chassis were designed for it...

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
First off, Merry Christmas to you and the GTC crew Ben. Thanks for making R35 GT-R ownership much more fun than I imagined it would be and (so far) a lot cheaper than my Skyline GT-R experience!

However, with your latest developments, I fear that might all change.

Be interesting to see how the plasma-sprayed bores hold up at 750hp!

As one of the few people in the UK who's driven an R35 with similar power, I can tell you all the amazing thing is, it feels completely natural, as if the engine and chassis were designed for it...

cheers Dave. here's to 2010. we'll get round to doing alot of the stuff we didn't get round to in 09

are you doing gumball again next year ?

If you think Jon Silvia's car was impressive wait till you drive mine with a Thistle mapped TCM !

·
Registered
119 Posts
Thank you

Ben

A big thank you for all your help and advise this year with my car ..it really has been second to none.
These new parts look extremely interesting! I'll be sure to get in touch in 2010 with another order.
The quality of the service and the parts has been awesome and I am pleased that all the hard work has paid off for you.
I have so many GTC boxes now, but I am just struggling to get the time to get out in the garage and play !!
Will be sure to get them all on and get some pictures up when I can.

All the best and here's to a great 2010.

SS

·
Registered
96 Posts
Best wishes Ben (and your team)!!

Wish you a lot of new inspiration and good R&D efforts on the R35, because you will share it for sure with this community!

2010 will be an exciting year, lloking forward to a new fellowship of the ring (= lots of GTC R35 projects)

;-)

grts

·
Registered
376 Posts
:D Merry Christmas Ben and the rest of the team at GTC for your support and advice (and for indulging my constant stupid questions!) over the last months - uber service and uber knowledge leads to very happy customers, wish more companies would take your approach :thumbsup:

Enjoy the rest of your time in the sunshine :thumbsup:

·
Registered
211 Posts
Merry Xmass Ben, thanks that I was mentioned as one of them :)

I believe lot of nice stuff is comming from You soon. Would specially mention carbon range, tranny cooling, brake cooling and TCM software crack :)

wish it comes soon as I still plan to do better Ring time :)

·
Registered
9,657 Posts
guess who messaged me on facebook the other day telling me she just broke up with her bf :thumbsup:

Now that just has to be fate ;)

Now to try some of my limey charm in a nice 'British accent' ... even though I'm Cornish :chuckle:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts