GTR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've obviously got too much time on my hands. I was very keen when I started the pipes, but as time went on... I just wanted it all to end. The almost 20 year old original hoses were getting brittle and cracking, so I thought I'd do something different for their replacement. I know that segmented bends aren't that good for flow characteristics, but I just like the look of them. Plus it gave me something to do during the winter (in NZ that is).

Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,726 Posts
Impressive work. Like you say, the flow may be affected but it looks great.
Alot of time and effort gone in to that :clap:

·
Registered
818 Posts
I thought about re-locating the filters down to the lower wing. Do you have any idea of how it affects your inlet temps. I would expect lower but hard to tell if using standard airtemp sensor via apexi power fc as the sensor itself is prone to heat soak . Notice any difference in power or power delivery?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I thought about re-locating the filters down to the lower wing. Do you have any idea of how it affects your inlet temps. I would expect lower but hard to tell if using standard airtemp sensor via apexi power fc as the sensor itself is prone to heat soak . Notice any difference in power or power delivery?
I wouldn't have a clue what the intake temp are. I could only guess that they would be much lower. Power feels much the same, maybe a little snappier (if that's a word) coming onto boost. I'm guessing that the lower intake temps have offset the lack of flow.

·
Owner of the MSNSPS
5,203 Posts
I wouldn't have a clue what the intake temp are. I could only guess that they would be much lower. Power feels much the same, maybe a little snappier (if that's a word) coming onto boost. I'm guessing that the lower intake temps have offset the lack of flow.
First off top bit of work! Wish I had the time and ability to produce such things.

You might want to consider some sort of boxing around the filters. Moving air is lower pressure than still air. Given you fab skills I'd imagine you'll have no problem knocking something up. I would suggest the bigger the better - perhaps using existing edges where possible and just fill in the gaps?

I remember reading that long induction paths are good for torque though whether you'd notice the effect is another matter.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts