GTR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The suspension on my R33 GTR is too hard. I'm looking to up wheel size too, to 18's, but I fear this will make the ride even worse.

Having only just bought the car I haven't looked in to it too much, but as far as I'm aware its running R34 GTR shocks, with lowering springs (which I think are white).

What is the best all round setups for GTR's? Should I consider going back to stock?

·
Premium Member
8,828 Posts
Tein EDFC adjustable Sus

·
Registered
552 Posts
Is your car a V spec or not?
Is it running standard suspension?
If you dont have the money for a complete new set of suspension speak to Scott or Mark at Abbey as the do a revised spring set to suit UK roads. I had them on one of my 33's and my 34 and did over 150,000 miles on the with out complaint!
Moving to 18 will change the cars feel and its ability to absorb the bumps, but the above mod should meet your needs.
If you have some spare cash i would go for Tein Super Streets with EDFC with a 15 mm drop to start with and do my wheels later.
good luck and happy driving

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The car is V-Spec, but as I say, I think its running R34 shocks.

I'll hopefully to popping to abbey's for a service soon so I'll get them to check it out. Perhaps I just need a more forgiving set of springs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts