GTR Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there guys i have been trying to solve a issue with my car for a while now.
She is really hard to start when she is cold and hot.
I have to put my foot lightly on the throttle to get her fired and even then she takes about two or three tries to fire up
if i dont put my foot on the gas she doesnt start at all?
What could this be cause her to not start ??
Throttle position sensor ?? any ideas on how to set it ?
or maybe butterflies, i did notice after i installed the new motor she was idiling very high at about 1500 rpm and i re adjusted the idle while the car was running using the aac valve screw ?
Is there special way on a GTR34 so set the idle and could this be causing the car not to start ?
I fitted a new motor and clean out the throttle butterflies they werent dirty though and there was no rubbery grime on them like a sealant.
She idles fine once started and i used to have 264 degree cams but have left the standard ones in for now .
Please help i need her to start easy without having to pump the gas pedal every time .
Ps i have replaced the fuel filter thinking that was the cause but still no joy ?

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump ??? any one please some advice

Please can some one help me im dying here apart from having what would seem a broken bottom end can any one help me solve my starting issues?

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
am i on my own on this one

hello are you guys there i know maybe just maybe ive offended a few of you but please bare with me im an idiot trying to get a possesed car running right ??/ any one beleive in past owners and bad karma ??

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Has the car been mapped since to run the stock cams? have you tried putting the other cams back in to see how it idles? what ecu are you running? can it be reset without re-mapping? has the cas been setup correctly ?

·
Registered
1,883 Posts
Check the watertemp sensor.
Try to disconnect the lambdasensor and start the car.
Does the car drive ok? Does it have adjustable camsprockets?
Is the timing correct?
Is the timingbelt timed up correctly?

What ecu are you using?

Just to get you started.

Asim

·
Registered
788 Posts
After i got my engine rebuilt and fitted , my car was hard to start from cold!!!
Also when it was warm it didnt want to idle and was hard to start !!!!!
After Rod bell mapped it , all was fine. :thumbsup:

·
Banned
686 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sort of figured out the problem

It might be my battery will confirm later cause i need to test by jumping the car and see what happens.
But i have standard cams
Standard Ecu
and i havent tried taking off the lambda sensor errrm confirming thats the Co2 sensor in the exhaust ?? theres two of them or do you mean disconnect the airflow sensor?
If i remember correctly i cleaned out the airflow sensor with some carb cleaner and the problem started after that could that be the problem ?
I will get down to the bottom of it.
So no mapping necessary here though my standard ecu should have just learnt my new engine ?
what about other variables like fuel pump ? pressure?
battery?
i must admitt that i can only start the car about three times and the battery is dead so that shouldnt be right i mean three cranks and dead will test tomorrow.
Thanks for your input
Hope to hear some more from you all

1 - 7 of 7 Posts