GTR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone dealt with them before? I've tried contacting them via Pistonheads, phone and text but none have promoted a response.

·
Registered
1,123 Posts
I bought my car through them and I highly recommend them.
I believe his nick here is hja-ozz or something similar.
They are also available on Facebook.
I've never had any problems when asking about the status of my car or before the purchase.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I have been dealing with Ozz the last couple of weeks as i have just purchased my R32 from them and just waiting for it to be imported.

Had no problem contacting him at all, very friendly answered all my questions and gets back to me very quickly.

Have you tried contacting him through their own website?

All i hear about Harlow Jap Autos is positive, i made sure before buying from them.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all very much for the input, I suppose I persevere and try again today. Yes I've tried emailing them through the website also but to no avail.

·
Registered
9,654 Posts
Only heard positive things as well, plus my friend many years ago sold his special R33 through them without any problems.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Ozz is a very friendly and helpful bloke. I bought my 33 last August from him after looking for the right one from them only for almost a year. He was often updating me on stock he had if it was similar to the spec I was after - as I was very specific on what I was looking for.

When i finally saw the one I wanted, I tried ringing him non stop for like 4 days to arrange a viewing. No answer!! Then he got back to me a few days later saying that he hadn't checked the phone and had been away racing. So finally went and saw the car...he was great to deal with and very patient and helpful.

Definitely keep trying him.

Good luck.

·
Registered
249 Posts
I bought my r32 from ozz at hja, really nice bloke and very impressed with the service from him, nice set up they've got and will strongly rcommend them for anyone thinking of buying a car from them

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
I suppose I persevere and try again today. Yes I've tried emailing them through the website also but to no avail.
Well N15SAN you are not alone here, This is the exact same reaction (or lack of one) I had when I tried enquiring about a vehicle HJA had for sale on their website last year. I'd also read some very good things about this company on the old interweb but I never got to speak to anyone in person. The phone numbers I rang just didn't get a response. Email was the only contact I had but replies from HJA took what seemed like forever back then.

After around a week or slightly more (eight or nine days IIRC) of me constantly pestering HJA using both lines of communication available, I eventually received an email from Ozz informing me that the 1995 Super Clear Red R33 GT-R in question was already sold so was there anything else available from him that caught my eye. Ok then, contact at last. I responded immediately that he had a White 1997 GT-R that was my second choice and I'd like to come to view it a.s.a.p, Only to be told nearly two weeks later that this car was too Track focused for my tastes and I should look at this other Silver R33 instead. Weird?? I still don't know exactly how Ozz knew my personal preferences without ever speaking to me but..hey-ho!!!

So I looked at the pictures that had been sent of this third option and unfortunately I absolutely hated it! So, Rather than waste any more time (a month had now passed since my initial attempts to make contact to view a GT-R) feeling like I was getting absolutely nowhere with HJA........I started contacting the Owners of cars for sale on this very Forum.

That's when I came across Amar from Euroexports who rang me up as soon as he seen my email to find out exactly what kind of GT-R I was looking for. Not only did he locate a vehicle for me in record time, he also gave me unlimited access to this GT-R and his hospitality, knowledge and openness made the decision to buy my Skyline from him a very easy one indeed!

Ozz at HJA did make email contact with me one last time but I informed him I had already bought a GT-R from Euroexports that I was very happy with. He said it wasn't a problem and wished me well with my Godzilla!

So what did I learn from my experience with HJA? Being an optimist, I'd like to hope that HJA was just really, really busy back then selling loads of stock and I was trying to purchase a car at a really difficult time period for them. Or perhaps I just come across as a bit of a time waster when trying to purchase a classic motor?? Either way, Ozz seemed nice enough over all but if he's that busy....please employ someone to answer the phones/emails regularly and this individual could also be used to update the website mush sooner to prevent people wasting their time enquiring about vehicles that have already been sold.

JM2PW!:)

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
His Facebook page is updated frequently so I sent him a PM on there which prompted a response and a request to contact him via the HJA sales address. I sent him a further 2 emails which so far haven't been responded to. I messaged him on Facebook to ask whether or not he received my emails, to which he confirmed that he had and would reply soon. "Soon" to me would be same day but alas, no reply. Seems a nice bloke, probably just really busy.

·
Premium Member
1,622 Posts
His Facebook page is updated frequently so I sent him a PM on there which prompted a response and a request to contact him via the HJA sales address. I sent him a further 2 emails which so far haven't been responded to. I messaged him on Facebook to ask whether or not he received my emails, to which he confirmed that he had and would reply soon. "Soon" to me would be same day but alas, no reply. Seems a nice bloke, probably just really busy.
I know exactly how you feel N15SAN, frustrated is truly an understatement. Communication is an area which definitely could be improved IMHO!:(

·
Registered
230 Posts
I rang and left a message last year for them explaining that I was based within approx 10 minutes of them and wanted to have a look at stock, meet them and so on.

I had nothing back. I've since purchased my car - a real shame they didn't respond as I'll probably pass a few of them travelling around locally.

·
Registered
435 Posts
Ozz is a great guy. When ever I needed him , he always got back to me. There has to be an explanation why he did not reply. In my case, he always replied.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts